Whats Is Earth Day ?
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 193 countries each year.
On Earth Day 2017, the landmark Paris Agreement is scheduled to be signed by the United States, China, and some 120 other countries. This signing satisfies a key requirement for the entry into force of the historic draft climate protection treaty adopted by consensus of the 195 nations present at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.
Soucre :- Wikipedia
- The earth is like a beautiful bride, who needs no man-made jewels to heighten her loveliness.
- Egotistical opinion that a man is the king of nature was created by the man himself so he can justify his wrong decisions.
- It’s earth day! Get outside, breathe in the fresh air and appreciate this amazing planet we live on!
- Love the world you are on. Its not just for you. Its there for your children too. Happy earth day!
- It’s earth day…hug a tree. Let your little ones play outside in the dirt…like we used to when we were growing up.
- World Wildlife Fund is proud to be a sponsor of Earth Day 2000. Today, as millions of people around the world celebrate the wondrous diversity of life on Earth, it is perhaps not out of place to look back at what has happened to our planet in the 30 years since the first Earth Day was celebrated in 1970.
- You Might Wanna Read :- Earth Day Images
- Over the last 30 years, the world has lost an area of forest nearly half the size of the continental United States. We have dumped literally billions of tons of toxic chemicals, raw sewage, oil and agricultural runoff into our oceans and we have depleted 70% of the Earth’s most commercially important marine fish stocks. And, of course, we have all heard by now about how the Earth is warming; about how global temperatures have risen by one degree in the past century – with most of that increase occurring in the last 30 years.
- The news, of course, has not been all bad. We have learned a lot about how to care for our environment over the past three decades. Great strides have been made in terms of cleaning our air and purifying our water. And more people undoubtedly have a greater awareness and concern for the environment today than they had 30 years ago.
- Yet much more needs to be done – particularly about what, over the next 30 years, will become one of the greatest over-arching threats our environment has ever faced: global warming. From polar bears in the Arctic to coral reefs in the tropics, global warming is already beginning to affect wildlife and their habitats in potentially devastating ways.
- That is why this year’s Earth Day theme-Clean Energy, Now-is so important. By developing cleaner and alternative forms of energy, we will gradually lessen our dependence on the fossil fuels that release carbon dioxide and other global warming causing gases into the atmosphere.
- 1. “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” —Lady Bird Johnson
2. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” —John Muir
3. “A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” —John James Audubon
4. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of each.” —Henry David Thoreau
5. “We need the tonic of wildness—to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk, and hear the booming of the snipe; to smell the whispering sedge where only some wilder and more solitary fowl builds her nest, and the mink crawls with its belly close to the ground. At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be infinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.” —Henry David Thoreau
1. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
2. “Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them.” — Bill Vaughan
3. “As crude a weapon as the cave man’s club, the chemical barrage has been hurled against the fabric of life.” — Rachel Carson
4. “We have met the enemy and he is us.” — Walt Kelly
5. “Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.” — Cree Indian proverb
- We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
— Native American Proverb
- The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it.
— Barry Commoner
- Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees.
— David Letterman
- He that plants trees loves others beside himself.
— Thomas Fuller
- The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.
— Ralph Nader
Earth Day Wallpapers
Earth Day Wallpapers Images
Incoming search terms :-
Earth day 2017 Save Tree Messages Quotes Wishes Sayings : Happy Earth day messages for facebook whatsapp, Earth day Quotes, Earth day Wishes Hi everyone here we provide one of the best Earth day 2017 messages, Happy Earth day 2017 Quotes, Happy Earth day 2017 sayings save the tree. Happy Earth Day 2017 HD wallpapers LoveThisPic is a place for people to come and share inspiring pictures, quotes, DIYs, and many other types of photos. The user ‘Bill’ has submitted the Earth Day picture/image you’re currently viewing. You have probably seen the Earth Day photo on any of your favorite social networking sites, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, or even your personal website or blog. If you like the picture of Earth Day, and other photos & images on this website, please create an account and ‘love’ it. This will save the Earth Day to your account for easy access to it in the future. We hope you enjoy this Earth Day Pinterest/Facebook/Tumblr image and we hope you share it with your friends. Incoming search terms: Pictures of Earth Day, Earth Day Pinterest Pictures, Earth Day Facebook Images, Earth Day Photos for Tumblr.