Are you having trouble with your window system lately? Are you facing an error named Windows 10 error 0x80240034? Well if this is the case, you do not need to worry a bit. You are not the only one who is facing the same error, several other windows users complained the same. Hence, we have come up with this article, where you will find several effective solutions that can be helpful for you to fix the Windows 10 error 0x80240034 once and for all.
- 1 Few points you need to know:
- 2 The basic checks you need to know:
- 3 How can I fix the Windows 10 update error 0x80240034:
- 4 Conclusion
Few points you need to know:
The primary thing that you can do to fix the 0x80240034 mistake is to check for update glitches.
Windows update error 0x80240034 can happen if your system documents are harmed.
For this situation, a smart thought is to utilize a Command Prompt scan to determine the issue.
Last but not the least, remember that malware can without much of a stretch can cause error 0x80240034. A few Windows 10 clients who encountered the error 0x80240034 announced that their Windows Update stalls out at 1 percent and it fails completely.
The basic checks you need to know:
You can free up some space by deleting unwanted files or applications
You can also disconnect external hardware that you are not using like peripherals, USB media, etc.
How can I fix the Windows 10 update error 0x80240034:
Here is the time that we are dive into the main topic. In this article, down below we have mentioned several solutions. You are not required to attempt them all. Just try one by one until you find a way to fix this error.
Note- Do not forget to reboot your device after each to apply the changes.
Solution 1. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
If you want to fix Windows 10 update error 0x80240034, you can try running the Windows update troubleshooter which will help you to fix the irritating error. In order to do that, you need to follow the steps mentioned down below.
- First of all, you have to go to Start and then you have to Type Settings in the search box and then hit the Enter key.
- Now, you are required to go to Update and Security and then troubleshoot.
- Here you have to navigate Windows Update, and click Run the troubleshooter.
- At this moment, users are required to follow the instructions that show up on-screen.
- At last, you have to restart your computer to check if the error is solved or not.
Solution 2. Run SFC
There are times when Windows Update error 0x80240034 error can occur due to the corrupted Windows system files. So if this is the case, we recommend you to scan your system with the inbuilt SFC command to fix this annoying error. Here how you can do it:
- First of all, you have to press Windows and Q keys on your keyboard simultaneously and then type cmd.
- Here you will get the search results, where you have to right-click Command Prompt and pick Run as Administrator.
- At this moment, a new cmd window will show up. You have to type sfc /scannow and then press the Enter key to move forward.
- You need to wait until the scan and repair process is complete.
Solution 3. Run DISM
You can fix Windows 10 update error 0x80240034 by running the DISM in your system. Here is how you can do that.
- In this, first of all, you have to press the Windows key and X key on the keyboard simultaneously and run Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, you are required to Copy and paste the following command on the command line:
- dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- If you find out that DISM can not obtain files online, then in that case you can try using your installation USB or DVD. You just need to insert media and type the following command:
- dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:/Repair/Source/Windows /LimitAccess
- However, you need to make sure that you replace C:/Repair/Source/Windows with the path of your DVD or USB.
Note- We want to remind you so that you can make sure that you replace the repair source path with your own.
Solution 4. Download the update manually
You know what, there are times when you can fix the Windows Update error 0x80240034 by manual update. Here, how you can do it:
- If you want to update manually, you have to go to the Microsoft Update Catalog official website.
- After that, in the search box, you have to type the update code in the search box and then press the Enter key to move forward.
- Now, you will see a list of matching updates, where you have to find the update that uses the same design as your system.
- At the moment you find it, you have to click the Download button next to the update to download it.
- When you are done with downloading the update, you have to run the setup file and follow the instructions that come up on the screen.
- After the update is finished, you are required to restart your Windows PC to check if the problem is solved or not.
Solution 5. Run a full system scan
Do you know what, there are times when a malware infection can lead you to a 0x80240034 Windows update error? Well, it is true, and if this is the case with you, then you do not need to feel panic as we have a solution for it.
If you want to fix the problem, and you want to fix it right now, we recommend you to do a full system scan with your antivirus. In case you do not have a reliable antivirus, you can go to the internet and find out plenty of options available out there.
Now you must be thinking, what are the benefits of doing a system scan with antivirus. Well, let us tell you that a good antivirus is fast, reliable and it would not interfere with your system in any way.
However, you have to look for a good and reliable antivirus that offers you the basic features to keep your device safe from cyber-attacks and protect your privacy and safety.
Solution 6. Reset Windows Updates Components
Sometimes you can face Windows Update error 0x80240034, if there are few problems with several update components. In order to fix this, you can reset Windows Updates Components. Here how you can do it:
First of all, you need to press the Window and X keys simultaneously to open the menu and then select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Note- If you do not want to follow the above-mentioned shortcut, you can do it by pressing the Windows Key and X keys simultaneously.
At the time when the Command Prompt opens, you need to type the following commands:
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver rmdir %windir%SoftwareDistribution /S /Q net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
You need to press the Enter key after you are done with typing the above-mentioned commands. Now you need to check to see if the error is resolved or not.
Here this article comes to an end. We know that Windows Update error 0x80240034 can be annoying, however, there is always a way to fix this. We hope that the above-mentioned solution will help you find what you are looking for. We are also sure that you will be able to fix it using one of our solutions. In case you like the article, we would love to know this. Presently, we hope that you are an expert at fixing this error and you can help others too with our solution guide. Do you still have any questions? Or you want to give us feedback and suggestions? Feel free to let us know, you can write to us down below in the comment section.