Online retail is a quickly-growing industry that gives people the chance to launch a business using nothing more than a computer. This is the biggest reason why the eCommerce market is booming these days, attracting almost two billion digital buyers worldwide.
The numbers are sensational indeed, but they also prove that eCommerce newcomers are going to deal with some serious competition. In such circumstances, building a top-notch online store right from the start becomes a basic precondition of success.
If you are not sure how to do it, keep reading because we are about to show you five tips to launch an eCommerce brand quickly and successfully.
Do the Homework before the Takeoff
Before you start taking any action, you need to do the homework and prepare for creating a brand new eCommerce business. You need to understand the things surrounding your future business, so let’s just quickly run through the most important details here:
- Product selection: Jake Gardner, a business analyst at custom coursework service “Help With My Assignment”, says the first task is always to research the market and carefully select the products you would like to sell: “Is there enough market demand? Perhaps the competition is too strong? Make sure to answer these questions on time.”
- Audience research: Who are your target costumers? It is essential to understand their demographic features (average age, location, gender, etc.) as well as personal interests, online behavior, purchasing habits, income level, and so on.
- Website design: Who is going to build your eCommerce website? It has to be a professional web designer because modern users take their online experiences seriously. For instance, a slow website can increase abandonment by 75% and it’s just one of many elements that can impact the performance of a digital store.
- User experience: Don’t forget to ensure effortless user experience with easy website navigation, multiple payment options, simple checkout processes, transparency, and all other details that make online shopping easy and convenient.
Create an Online Retail Brand in 5 Simple Steps
There are so many ways to approach eCommerce and develop a new store, but some tactics apply to all cases and niches. We selected five mechanisms that should make your online brand stand out from the whole bunch of competitors. Let’s take a look!
#1 Choose a perfect brand name
The first step in this process is fundamental because people will recognize the brand by name. There are two basic approaches here and each one is equally relevant.
One option is to get creative and brainstorm ideas that match the style or intent of your business. For example, Jeff Bezos chose the name Amazon because he wanted to highlight the sheer scale of the business. After all, Amazon is the second-longest river in the world.
Another solution is to play with niche-related keywords and come up with a name that perfectly reflects the nature of your online business. This is the case with Shopify, one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the Internet.
#2 Take care of visual branding
This tip goes hand in hand with the previous one. Namely, you need to take care of brand visuals and help customers to remember it almost instantly. On average, it takes five to seven interactions before a consumer remembers a brand, but you can make it shorter using simple and eye-catching visuals.
The most important elements of visual branding are here:
- A logo: It’s the first thing people remember about a brand, which means you have to make it beautiful and memorable.
- Color schemes: Each color has a full set of special meanings and connotations, so make sure to combine them naturally to form a meaningful color scheme.
- Fonts: Typography selection is also significant because the fonts need to be aligned with the overall brand style and appearance.
A good example of a successful branding comes from such essay-writing services as Assignment Helper. You can see how they use a simple logo that clearly reveals the purpose of the website, while the fonts and colors support the branding even further.
#3 Publish amazing content
A lot of users will remember you by the content you create and publish online. After all, people browse the Internet looking for quality content that solves practical everyday problems. But what does it mean to publish amazing content consistently?
First of all, it means creating different content formats to attract more consumers to your website. Don’t stick to just one type but rather try to mix it and rely on various formats, including blog posts, infographics, videos, product images, audio podcasts, GIFs, graphics, and similar.
Secondly, high-quality content is versatile enough to satisfy the needs of different sorts of audiences. For example, you can combine various styles and create informative posts, entertaining, funny, educational, local, and many other types of digital works. That way, the audience will never get tired of consuming your content.
#4 Optimize your posts
Do you know that 95% of web traffic goes to websites on the first page Google search results? It’s just the way things function these days, so you absolutely have to pay special attention to content optimization.
What does it mean?
Besides creating high-quality content, it mostly means relying on relevant keywords to ensure a higher ranking in search engine results. As an eCommerce store owner, you probably have a general notion of the most important keyword choices, but you shouldn’t leave room for doubts here.
On the contrary, we strongly encourage you to use online tools to identify and make use of the best keywords for each post. Google Keyword Planner is the number one choice for all entrepreneurs and marketers so don’t hesitate to use it regularly for optimization purposes.
#5 Promote the brand online
With enough content at your disposal, promoting the brand should not be too difficult. Michael Jacobsen, a digital marketer at EssayShark, says there is a wide range of channels you could use to communicate brand-related messages, but he suggests focusing on the basic options in the beginning:
- Website: It is a brand fortress and the first place users will search for when exploring your online store.
- Social media: With over two billion daily active users, it would be foolish not to exploit the likes of Instagram and Facebook.
- Email: The entire world uses email for business communication and so should you.
Launching an eCommerce store can be a great opportunity to create a profitable business, but only if you start strongly and start building a powerful brand from the very beginning. This is by no means an easy job, so you need to prepare well for this professional challenge.
In this article, we explained five tips that can help you to launch an online retail brand quickly and successfully. Are you ready to start building your own eCommerce brand now?