From the very first day when Apex Legends was launched in February 2019, it has been on the top when it comes to latest Battle Royale games out there in the market among the players. One of the reason that this game is still topping the charts is the update pushing strategy. Apex Legends receive updates once in every few weeks that makes it best games with latest and newest features in every roll out. This game has been introducing season for quite a while to make the game for interesting and competitive.
On May 2020, season five update was pushed by the developers with all new features intact in the OTA including the new legend known as Loba. Despite of all this, certain bugs are also persisting in the game that degrades overall gameplay.
After installing the update of May 2020, our team also noticed bugs that degraded overall excitement of playing with Loba. First impressions were too bad as the game took another 20 minutes to load as compared to the normal loading time. The first few hints of the bug were discovered in the friend’s tab where the game crashed without any errors.
After a while, we closed the game and searched the web to see if it was any common issue which was faced by million of gamers and guess what? Reddit was full of these complaints and threads regarding the bug.
Disclaimer: “Techlogitic Team is not responsible for any crashes occurring due to the fix.”
Fix to Apex Legend’s Crash Issue
To get started, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Origin app on the desktop PC.
- Now, move to My Game Library from the menu on top left side.
- In the section, there will be all the games that are installed on the device.
- Right click on the Apex Legends game.
- In the pop-up menu, there will be certain actions that can be taken from there.
- Hover in the menu and find the Repair option.
- Now, it will repair itself and this might take a while.
- After clicking the Repair option, the Origin desktop client will communicate the servers of the game and verify the game files.
- This process is a tiring one due to the fact that every KB of data will be matched with the data on the server which is approximately over 40 GB.
- After verifying the 40 GB of data, it took another 20 minutes to downloads the additional 16 GB of data of the Apex Legends.
- The moment files were verified and downloaded, I restarted the Origin client and tried playing the game again.
- It ran perfectly without any bug or crashes, and without any hassle.
Our Observation | Final Call
The basic problem lies within the additional 16 GB of data as it was not installed perfectly and crashed the latest patch integrating to the game.
So, if you are facing this issue with after the My 2020 update with contains Season 5, chances are that the fix will help everyone getting over the issue. If it does not work after the solve. Try restarting the computer.
If the problem still persists, sorry to say but a user needs to remove, download and re-install the whole game in order to have a clean installation of game with latest patch of 2020.
Still, have any queries? Don’t worry. Just comment down below and our team will reply to the message as soon as possible with the fix.