Perhaps you want to convert few pictures stored in your PC from JPG to JPEG format or other file extension of your choice. To convert image & picture files, you can come across wide range of file extensions on the web. The type of software the file could be edited or opened is determined by the type of format that the file is in. Moreover, the format is determined by the file’s extension. Doing so is easy and effortless, only if you are aware of the right techniques to use. Although there are several found in the web, not all of them are trustworthy or worth the look. You should take the right approach to have conversions and to ensure avoiding troubles and mistakes.
3 effective ways to convert jpg to jpeg
This is a free online converter that promises to convert JPG files to JPEG files free & fast. This means, you do not have to pay anything for conversions. The steps involved in the conversion process are also easy, simple and real quick. You have to follow the given below instructions to complete your conversion process effortlessly:
- First visit the website com
- The next step will be to upload the jpg file which you plan to convert. This can be from your PC, Dropbox, Google Drive or simply use the drag & drop feature to place the images on the page.
- The third step is to select jpeg format that you desire to convert.
- Your file will start to convert in a very short time. You need to click on download jpeg file.
#2 Default Image Edit Software:
- Open up required image files: If you desire to convert any picture or image file to jpeg format, then an easy solution will to be to choose the default image editing program in your operating system. Use ‘Preview’ in Mac & ‘Paint’ in Windows. Check out for jpeg within the software’s dropdown. You can open up the image within software that you feel comfortable with or simply double click to check out your computer’s default option.
- In top menu, choose ‘file’ to find drop down menu providing several menu options for picture/image file.
- Export/Save image file: While saving file’s new version, format change takes place simultaneously. It helps to retain original file if there emerges the need to backtrack or something goes wrong. Choose option like ‘Export’ (for Mac) or ‘Save As’ (for Windows) and continue with the process.
- Rename & reformat files: On popping up of a windows screen, you can adjust file format/extension and file name. There are about 12 options present in menu dropdown that might be labeled as ‘Save as’ or ‘Format’. It also includes .jpeg. Change file location or name as desired and for easy access place it onto the desktop.
- Save file: On determination of computer location and file name extension, click on ‘Save’. It converts your desired files effectively to new extension and also retains the original’s copy as backup for future use. Bulk file conversions are better managed by software such as ‘Preview’. You just need to highlight those image/picture files which you desire to convert. Then right click to view available options.
#3 Manual changing of file extension:
- Find files: You can change image files manually. For this, you just need to change the file’s name using your keyboard. Erase file’s original extension and simply type in a new one as preferred. This is better done, if current file extension does not allow you to access contents in the file and displays error messages such as ‘invalid file format’. File extensions are used as shorthand by your PC to know the type of software you are using while opening up files. Hence, when carrying out manual changes of such extensions, you need to be double careful. Do take up file backup always prior to making any such attempts. However, this method is found to reduce quality of the image. You can use ‘Save As’ method present in image editing software.
- Increasing visibility of your file extension: File extensions might not get displayed within the standard file view, depending upon the settings. You need to go to ‘Folder options’ to adjust ‘View’ tab in Windows. It is present in ‘Appearance & Personalization settings’. You need to find ‘Advanced Finder Preferences’ in Mac to make file extensions visible. Check out Change File Extension to gain more information about file extensions as well as toggling of visibility.
- File rename: Select ‘rename’ simply by right clicking on image file. Then delete old extension to replace it with new extension. For example, ‘myimage.jpg’ can be renamed as ‘myimage.jpeg’. Henceforth, your computer is likely to treat this file as ‘jpeg’.
Knowing the above ways can help you to understand better how to convert jpg to jpeg effortlessly and properly. However, you need to choose the one that you feel comfortable with.