If you are wondering how to get more followers on social media then ideally Instagram is the best platform to choose to pursue your marketing strategy. However, if you want to make the best use of the social media accounts then you should focus on creating better and more engaging videos.
This is the best policy that should be followed whether you are an established business having thousands of followers or you are a startup Instagram. Ideally, growing your number of Instagram followers takes some serious efforts, time and energy. In most of the times, you may be tempted to buy Instagram followers, which is the easiest way to take.
But according to experts this is a practice that should be categorically and characteristically avoided.
- They say that purchasing followers will not do any good to your business and to the number of traffic to your website because it will not drive any engagement actually.
- The experts also say that what is more important for your business is to ensure that your posts are liked and are being seen.
You may wonder at this stage how you can build a better fan following through Instagram. Well, to ensure that you will need to focus on a few specific things.
- First, you must make sure that the username of yours is recognizable as well as searchable. After all, if users cannot find you, they will not be able to follow you.
- Next, make sure that you fill out your bio. It is actually the last thing people see before they make any buying decision or to follow you. You bio is what will tell the user what you do and who you are.
- Once you are sure that your profile is optimized you should immediately start posting. According to the experts you should populate your post or feed with at least ten to 15 posts of high quality. This will ensure that you have a large number of engaging users. If the users find that your profile is empty after visiting it, rest assured that they will not follow you.
- Then you must focus on those accounts that interest you and start following it to relate to your business. For best results you must consider Instagram just like a community and start looking for other different businesses in your area. Also look for the influencers who may find your product or services enjoyable to use. The most significant benefit of this approach is that as you start to follow the accountsInstagram will suggest other related ones that you may follow as well.
- Interact with the content of the accounts that you follow. This is ideally the most natural method to draw the attention of the users towards your own Instagram account. It will also prevent your account from looking like spam. When you do so, the account owner of the one you follow and interact will get a notification. This will, in turn, prompt them to find your account, check it and start following you. Make sure that you appreciate your followers always by responding to the comments posted by them and at the same time engaging with their content.
- Next up, your focus should be on encouraging others to share your posts. You may invite a couple of brand ambassadors to share your account or to collaborate with other similar accounts for that matter.
Lastly, make sure that you promote your Instagram account on other social media channels. For this, you should include a specific Instagram social share button on your website so that it will help you to share your Instagram on other social media platforms. However, it is sometimes found that the fastest way to gain more Instagram followers is by simply asking for them.
Create videos for social media
Now you are ready to follow the strategies that will pay off for your Instagram marketing strategy and get more traffic. The steps include:
- Posting on Instagram at the best times: Though the Instagram users are active all the time of the day there are however a handful of times when you can optimize the results on Instagram. If you want to reach to the summit of engagement, the best days to post on Instagram are Mondays and Thursdays and the times can be any except between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. However, you should consider the time zone of the target audience.
- Link Instagram to Facebook page: This is one thing that makes Instagram unique. The platform enables to share your content across other social media networks seamlessly. However, it is not recommended that you link it automatically to your other social platforms such as Twitter or Facebook. This is because what may work on Instagram may not always produce the same results on other social media channels especially when things get up and running. Therefore, make sure that you customize your content according to the platform’s requirements.
- See other likable posts: Look for other posts that you like in the menu of your Instagram settings. Click on the Posts You’ve Liked under the Account section and check them, out.
- Reorder the Instagram filters: Instagram comes with several filters which you may need to reorder to maximize productivity. Place the ones that you use the most often at the very beginning. Open the Instagram editor to reorder or hide filters and scroll to the extreme right and click on the Manage gear icon. Hold the three gray lines down to reorder or uncheck to hide the filters.
- Caption line breaks: You must insert line breaks in your caption when you write a caption on Instagram. Typically, when you do so the keyboard will remove the “return” button that can be revealed again by pressing the “123” button. However, you must use the “return” key sparingly because Instagram will only show the first three lines of the caption.
All these steps will help you to craft an Instagram strategy that will increase the level of engagement an, in turn, the traffic to your site.