Reddit is a great platform offering people a lot of opportunities that they can create by interacting with each other. Also, with sub reddits these opportunities go a little longer road ahead. Also, you can create multiple accounts with the help of Reddit and have the option of deleting it later. To do this, you need to do the following-
What Happens When You Delete a Reddit Account
Before you rush to delete your Reddit account, you should probably be aware of the consequences.
Deleting your account does not mean that any submitted posts, comments, or other Reddit content you’ve shared will be erased. Post threads will remain with titles, original posts, and other comments intact. Your Reddit account name will disappear, but the content itself will remain.
Thus, it imply that all your data will be lost and you will be left with nothing. So, take all these things into consideration before thinking of deleting the account.
Also, you will lose your list of subscribed subreddits and any access to your private messages that you might have shared with other users. You’ll need to delete individual posts and comments first before you delete your account if you want to erase them. You can do this for all your posts at once using the Nuke Reddit History extension for Google Chrome, but there’s no built-in method for doing this.
Deleting a Reddit Account Online
Now, you can delete your account from the official website of Reddit and get rid of all these posts, comments and other such things. It isn’t possible to delete your Reddit account using the Reddit mobile app, or by using any third-party apps for Reddit.
To do this, you’ll need to first sign in with the account you’re looking to delete, making sure you’re signed in to the right account first.
- Click the Log In button in the top-right corner of the website to do this.
- Once you’re signed in, click your account name in the top-right corner. From the drop-down menu, click the User Settings
- This will take you to the user settings menu for your Reddit account. In the Account tab, scroll to the bottom until you reach the Deactivate Account
- Click the Deactivate Accountbutton to begin the deletion process.
- In the pop-up Feed Settingsmenu, Reddit will warn you that deleting your account won’t erase your post and comment history.
- To delete your account, provide your Reddit username and account in the Username and Passwordboxes and make sure that the I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable checkbox is enabled.
- You’re invited to leave a feedback comment, but leave this if you prefer not to explain why you’re deleting your account. Once you’re ready to proceed, press the Deactivate
- You’ll need to confirm your choice, so press Deactivate again to confirm.
- Your account will be permanently deleted at this point. As we’ve explained, this process is irreversible, so you won’t be able to restore your account once you’ve done this.
What is a throwaway reddit account?
A throwaway account is a temporary account used for a specific purpose—not your main Reddit account.
Reasons to use a throwaway Reddit account include:
- Discussing financial matters
- Speaking about personal or embarrassing problems
- Asking questions about working with an employer
- Any subject where you want to discuss something freely without being identified
The term “throwaway account” is also used for other types of accounts online, from email and social media to online gaming. It’s any temporary account that isn’t your main account.
How to Create a Throwaway Account on Reddit
Reddit accounts are free, and there is no limit on the number of accounts that you can create.
- You can stay signed into your regular Reddit account while you use a throwaway account if you like. Just open a private browsing (incognito) window, launch a different browser, or use another browser profile.
- Visit Reddit and click “Sign Up” at the top of the page. If you’re already signed in, you’ll have to sign out first.
- Enter a username and password. The username can be anything so long as it is unique but don’t choose a username that you’ve used elsewhere
- You don’t need to enter an email address to create an account—more on that later—but you must tick the CAPTCHA box before clicking the “Sign Up” button.
- Deselect any subreddits that have been selected for you and click the “Finish” button.
- You will be signed in to Reddit with your new throwaway account.
Should you add an email address?
It is important to add an email address in case you forget the id and password. Thus, with your email id, it will be possible for you to reset the password without any inconvenience.
You can add an email address without using your real one in a couple of different ways.
- Gmail users can create a disposable aliaswhich funnels emails into their main Gmail inbox. You can then set labels and filters if you want to.
- You can create a whole new email address. Creating a new account at Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo is quick and easy.
So, these are some of the details regarding Reddit account and how you can create it and what all factors are to be taken into consideration while deleting the Reddit account. Also, make sure to add email address to the throwaway account so that it is possible for you to reset the password in case you forget it. Further, deleting the account is also not that difficult and you can do it by going through any of the steps mentioned above. So, now, you can very well get rid of the throwaway account if you find that it is of no use to you for now. Therefore, you now have all the possible solutions regarding it.