Laptops are considered the best tool for playing games or doing serious work anywhere according to your comfort. They are compact and portable enough to do the work, either at home, in the offices, or while travelling in trains or buses. Before purchasing a new laptop, the most important things to consider are its screen size, SSD storage, battery life, whether it’s bend back or detachable, and the platform on which it works. In the market, a wide array of sizes, prices, and features of laptops are available that made buying a new laptop a challenge.
Essential Tips To Know Before Choosing A Laptop
Here are eight essential tips you must know to get laptops in the UAE or any other place:
- Choose A Platform: Chrome OS, Mac, or Windows – choose a platform on which you want to work is every individual’s personal choice as MacOS and windows both provide plenty of functionality. Windows notebooks offer a wide array of features, from dual graphics to fingerprint readers to touch screens. Whereas Chromebooks are generally helpful for kids and students, and their functionality is rapidly increasing. These Chromebooks offer good battery at low prices and are highly portable.
- Consider A 2-In-1 Laptop- Many PC laptops come under the category of 2-in-1 laptops, bend back or detachable devices that can switch between traditional clamshell mode or tablet mode. Detachable laptops are those in which screens could be detached, whereas bend back is the flexible laptops that can bend back to 360 degrees. Detachable laptops give their users a superior tablet experience while bend-backs being laptops first. Hence most of them are far better at serving more than one purpose.
- Choose The Correct Screen Size– Laptops are usually classified by their screen size. Before looking at its features and prices, you need to figure out how much portable you want your laptop to be. Usually, the screen sizes that fall under 12.5 to 14 inch provides an excellent balance between usability and portability. The smaller screen size of 11 to 12 inches is useful for kids. Larger screen size between 15 to 18 inches is good for those who don’t travel much.
- Choosing Between The Keyboard And Touchpad– The laptop having good ergonomics is one of the most impressive specs. Before purchasing a new laptop, make sure there is enough space between the keys, and the keyboard must offer solid tactile feedback. Make sure your Windows laptop must have precision touchpad drivers.
- To Choose Among The Best Components- You should wisely pick the main peripheral components of the laptop such as CPU, hard drive, the graphics chip, processor, RAM SSD storage, touch-screen, display, and connectivity. If chosen correctly, then even the least-expensive model may give you better durability and performance.
- Choosing The Best Battery Life- If you plan to take your laptop anywhere, then 8+ hours of battery life is considered ideal. But you don’t have to worry about the battery life if you are buying a gaming rig or bulky notebook that you’ll use only on a table. To learn about the notebook’s battery life, it is better to read the third-party results from objective sources like reviews. But do not trust on manufacturer’s word for it. Laptops with the longest battery life are more preferable.
- Purchasing Depends On The Budget- If you are capable enough to spend more, you will get a system with the good build quality, excellent performance, and a better display. Nowadays, a usable laptop could easily come under $200. Here are different price range that offers a wide variety:
- $150 to $250: At this price, you can either buy Chromebooks or low-end Windows systems. They generally have low storage and are slow processors.
- $350 to $600: At this price, you can easily buy a notebook with an Intel Core i5 or AMD A8 CPU and storage between 4 to 8 GB.
- $600 to $900: At this price, you can buy more premium designs including, higher-resolution displays and SSDs.
- Above $900: At this price, you can buy more powerful and portable laptops with discrete graphics, higher-resolution screens, and faster processors. They are considered the lightest, long-lasting ultra-portables.
- Choose Among The Best Brands– The company’s brand plays a major role because the performance of the laptop depends on the company behind it. The most important spec for any customer is the company’s accurate and timely technical support. It is important to know how competitive the brand is in terms of design, value, and performance.
Using all these essential laptop buying features, you should spend your money on the perfect laptop while purchasing a new one. Hence the most important step is to figure out what your needs are and for what purpose you need a laptop. Then only you can buy a perfect one.