Android users can now download their apps and games from a brand new app store, but it’s a very different store than the official one they are used to. Known as HappyMod, it has more than 30,000 modified APK files for different apps and games, and that number is rapidly rising.
How to Install HappyMod:
You can only get HappyMod on your device in one way – by installing the APK file. Here’s how:
- First, go to your Security Settings and enable Unknown Sources
- Now you can download the HappyMod APK file onto your Android device
- Find the file in your device downloads and tap on it
- When the installation has completed, you will see the app icon on your home screen
How Does HappyMod Work?
HappyMod looks much like a standard app store, with a user-friendly interface and all content placed into categories. All you need to do is choose a category, find an app, or a game you want and download it. A separate window shows you all the latest additions to the app too.
Anyone can upload mods to the store, and each is tested before being allowed in, to ensure it is safe. All the mods come from the internet, and users are asked to comment on each mod they try. This allows the developers to see if the mod works or not – the highest-rated apps are put at the top of the list, so you always know you are getting a fully working app. Plus, you can request a specific mod; hen its found, it will be uploaded into the store.
HappyMod offers plenty of features:
- Modified games – modded versions of thousands of popular games
- Safe Downloads – all apps are tested before going into the store
- Language Support – HappyMod supports several languages, including Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, Russian, Italian, and many more.
- Stop/Start – stop and start your downloads as you want
HappyMod Errors and Solutions
HappyMod users are reporting a couple of errors that are simple to resolve:
Problem Parsing Package
If the package parser runs into trouble reading the app code, it cannot work. It is looking for a string of characters, digits, and symbols, and if this is not written correctly, the error will appear. There are several reasons why this might happen, and several solutions:
Method 1: Check Manifested HappyMod App APK File:
If you customize the app in any way, i.e., you remove the ads, the error may occur. This is how to fix it:
- Open the APK file and look for andriomanifest.xml
- Open the file and reset to default
- Also, look at the file name – if you changed the name, this could cause the error.
Method 2: USB Debugging
- Launch Android Settings and go into About Device
- Find Build Number and tap it seven times – a popup message will tell you that you are now a developer
- Go back to Settings and tap Developer Options
- Enable the option for USB debugging
- Install HappyMod, and it should work
Method 3: File Corruption
HappyMod Not Installed
This could happen for a number of reasons, and there are a few ways of fixing it. Just work through until you find one that works for you:
Method 1: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- Launch Settings and go to Apps or Manage Apps
- Tap on System>Package Installer
- Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache – if you use Android Marshmallow 6.0, these options are in Storage
If it still doesn’t work, try this:
Method 2: Enable Unknown Sources
- Launch Settings and go to Security
- Tap on the option for Unknown Sources to enable it
- Try HappyMod – if you still get the same error, delete it and start over, making sure you keep that option enabled
Method 3: Rooted Devices Only
- Launch the browser you use and download a decent root explorer app
- Go into the app and copy the APK file
- Go into System>Apps and check that the app permissions are enabled
- HappyMod should now work
Method 4: Clear Space and Set Path
Many people do not realize that apps need a certain amount of space and memory. Go through your device and get rid of anything you do not need – files, folders, unused apps, etc. And move anything you do want to keep into cloud storage and/or external storage. For those who want to install it on their SD card, you need to make sure it is correctly mounted and be aware that the package installer cannot always read the APK files from cards – it is best to stick to internal memory where you can.
Try HappyMod on your device today – it could well become your new, go-to app store.