In the current economy, there is no doubt digital marketing is an essential component of your overall marketing strategy. It is hard to imagine a business in a digitally evolving world that is not actively engaging and communicating with prospects and customers online, regardless of the company, industry, or target audience.
Even if you feel digital marketing is not necessary for your business, you can be confident that your competitors do not feel the same way. As the world evolves forward digitally, it may be tough to play catch-up then.
In this post, we will discuss how to use digital marketing channels to engage, connect, and communicate with consumers.
What is Digital Marketing Channels?
A digital channel is an interface or platform connected online through which users can communicate through or interact.
If you are doing an online search, a search engine is a digital channel. If you are directly communicating with someone, email is your digital channel. If you are posting a photo to a social network, the social media platform is your digital channel.
In most cases, you do not own the digital channels. You are a content creator or advertiser that uses the channels to reach out and engage with your target audience.
Examples of digital channels include:
- Social Media Platforms
- Email and Automated Email Software
- Search Engines
- Paid Advertising (Search Ads and Display Ads)
- Forums & Online Directories
Examples of How Digital Marketing Channels are Used
Digital marketing channels are used at different points of a customer journey to bring awareness to a brand, inform a customer to consider a purchase, motivate purchase and finally turn a customer to an advocate of the brand.
Here are some ways digital marketing channels are used at different stages of a sales funnel.
- Healthy social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) with regular postings that receive engagement.
- A search engine optimized website that ranks well for target keywords.
- Paid Google ads that appear during Google search as well as display ads on 3rd party websites with Adsense (Google’s advertising platform) activated.
- A landing page, also known as an opt-in, squeeze page or lead capture page, is the page that people “land” on when they first discover your business via paid ads or promotions.It is a single web page that typically offers a “lead magnet”, which is often a free tool, eBook, guide or resource in exchange for the lead to sign up and provide an email address.
- An automated email campaign that focuses on educating the prospect on how the product or service will provide a solution to her pain points through a series of customized emails.
- Content in the form of articles, videos, or podcasts that provide detailed information on your product, service, or brand and how they can solve a customer’s problem.
- A live webinar with interactive live chat to discuss problems prospects face and offering solutions.
- Retargeting ads (created from platforms like Google and Facebook) that display ads to prospects who have previously clicked on your ad or visited your website during the ‘awareness’ stage.
- Content on providing case studies about your product or service, price comparison charts, and 3rd party studies or reports.
- Social proof in the form of testimonials, positive ratings, and reviews on social media, blogs, websites, marketplaces, or videos.
- Retargeting ads to direct customers, ‘consideration’ content, and social proof.
- Special offers in the forms of discounts, free shipping, bundle deals, or bonus offers.
- Free trials, if applicable.
- A regular automated email sequence that provides the customer with useful content.
- Special discounts and offers exclusively for loyal customers.
- A loyalty program that allows customers to redeem points or ensure customer-only benefits.
- Surveys to existing customers to provide feedback on their customer experience journey.
- Incentivized loyalty and commission-based affiliate programs to encourage referrals.
Featured Image Credits – https://launchpresso.com