Streaming websites have taken the media by storm with the recent wave of content, especially music, movies, and shows that have been digitally commercialized. It is no news that Disney Plus has finally launched its media streaming service and attracted well over 10 million users on its first day of operation. Despite how impressive this number seems, the debut operation of this service didn’t exactly go without issues.
However, one fact remains certain – millions of people from all over the world are looking for ways to enjoy the service offered by this platform. For users outside the US, it has been a bit of an issue to access the service because of the geo-restrictions placed on the website.
It is pertinent to note that Disney Plus is now available in Canada, the United States, and the Netherlands while users from Australia, Puerto Rico, and New Zealand are being requested to sign up. From March 2020, local versions of Disney Plus have been launched in some European countries including France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, and Spain. Users in other countries will have to bypass some blocks if they want to enjoy these services from abroad.
Luckily for these users, the very simple way to bypass this restriction is to watch Disney Plus with a VPN. Virtual Private Network (VPN) applications reroute internet traffic and switch the location of the user to that of the desired VPN server location selected by the user. This bypass works best for Android and iOS users, meaning a wide range of prospective Disney Plus customers will benefit from this simple fix.
Use a capable and reliable VPN service: The first step is to subscribe to a VPN service provider. Once this is done and activated on your Windows or Mac device, the VPN will grant the user access to use the Disney Plus service. Besides this, the VPN helps protect and safeguard the user’s online privacy in the most efficient way possible. There are a couple of options on the internet so be sure to make an informed decision when choosing.
Steps to Watching Disney Plus on Your Device
- Launch the VPN service, locate the server/country list within the application, and connect to a server in the United States.
- After connecting to the server in the USA, proceed to create a new Google Account. The phone number and recovery email fields are optional so they may be skipped. Country of origin won’t be asked either but the IP address of your computer will give you away if a VPN isn’t used.
- After creating the Google Account, purchase a $25 worth Google Play Store gift code and the e-code will be delivered to your email inbox. It isn’t necessary to use a VPN at this point so if you have an Amazon account, it can be used to purchase the gift code. A month’s subscription to Disney Plus is $6.99 while a year’s worth is $69.99.
- After purchasing the code, connect to VPN, open the email containing the code, and “click to redeem your code” or the link to the email sent to you.
- The next page will request a country of origin, name, and ZIP code. Fill in the United States, *your real name*, and any 5 digit US ZIP code you can look up online.
- Log in to your newly created Google account and then visit the Play Store App to download Disney+ app (USA version) for your device.
- After installing the application, open it, start a free trial, and create an account by providing an email address and password. Pay for the subscription using the Play Store credit earlier purchased.
- Lastly but optional, verify the payment, authentication, and a backup payment plan. Once these are done, Disney Plus gets launched and you can enjoy all of its great content.