Some users have been reporting an Outlook error with the code Fail to connect the server. It is socket error 10051 error number: [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] and users are very frustrated. The error is arising when users try to send an email from the Outlook app.
The error occurs when the SMTP server conflicts with the service. Also, the problem arises with the preferences that were chosen during the setup of the app.
Note: “The Techlogitic Team is not responsible for any damage caused to the Outlook app, its data or the system.”
How to fix the problem?
There are a number of fixes to the problem but before that, check the following settings.
- First of all, click on the Tool menu.
- Select the account and click properties.
- In the new panel, check if the SMTP is correct.
- Check on my server requires authentication.
- Match the SMTP port number.
After you have done that, follow the fixes below.
#1 Trying to fix the Programs and Features tab.
- Open Control Panel and move to programs and features.
- Search for Microsoft office 365.
- After that, click the service and select repair.
Restart the computer and check if the method worked.
#2 Checking the Server requirement
- Open outlook.
- Open files.
- Now, Account settings.
- Click the email tab.
- Select an account and email address.
- Open web settings and server a new tab.
- Tick the first option.
- Click ok and save it.
#3 Remove Duplicate accounts
Try removing all the duplicate accounts on the service that crashes the app and shows up with an error. To do that:
- Click the Menu.
- Now move from account settings to the mailing tab.
- Check duplicate accounts and delete them.
#4 Changing server port number
- Open the Outlook app.
- Click on File and the setting menu.
- Choose the main account and open it.
- Click more settings and then email settings.
- Go to the advanced tab.
- Change the port number to 587.
- Click ok and save the changes.
5. Disabling the Antivirus
Many antivirus software has been reported for blocking services connected to Outlook due to security issues. To know if your antivirus software is causing the issue, temporarily disable the antivirus and check if the app is working.
If it is working, contact the manufacturer regarding the problem. If it is not working, move on to the next fix.
If none of the methods works, we suggest uninstalling the Outlook app and installing it again with preferred settings.
Maybe in the future, you will face similar errors like [pii_email_654fbfc0ac64aec32e9c] so follow our guide with easy and very simple steps which will help you to resolve it.