Why hire iPads or Tablet PC for your next meeting or event? There are many reasons, but one of the most compelling reasons to consider this whiteboard technology because it is green reduces costs and saves resources.
Today’s blog will focus on energy use and paper reduction; this is where event and meeting planners can see immediate improvements as a result of the adoption of Tablet PC or iPad technology.
Traditionally, attendees and meeting planners bring their laptops to events. The problem with laptops is:
- They require that you sit on a table or hard surface to ensure stability
- They can weigh up to 7 or 8 pounds
- Create a barrier to the conversation due to the screen
- The battery life is limited to 5 hours, so be sure to be near an outlet.
- Many are not energy efficient, up to 45 watts of energy and
- Certainly, you cannot walk, or stop and browse applications on a laptop
Now, think about the benefits if you rent Tablet PC or rent iPads
- They can be used standing, sitting or walking
- They weigh as little as 1 pound
- Information about meetings and trade shows can be downloaded to the rental unit
- No barriers because you can carry it like a paper notebook
- The battery life can be up to 10 hours, so the recharge is night
- The latest iPads and Tablet PCs have EnergyStar ratings, which use around 15 watts of power
- Paper use reduction
The Tablet PCs are suitable for reducing all types of paper, including taking notes, reading documents, filling out registration forms and surveys or other reports.
The architectural design firm, BCRA, adopted the iPad to reduce the impact on the environment and reduce printing costs. The company uses iPads to show presentations, designs and maps to its customers. The iPad has reduced its need for paper by 41 pounds per month, which represents more than $ 1,500 per month in printing and paper savings.
At the end of 2019, the company estimates that printed brochures will be reduced by 80%, since those brochures and video screens will be on the iPad. According to BCRA officials, the estimated savings for the year will exceed $ 15,000 in printing and paper costs.
Looking at rentals of interactive technology tools, such as Tablet PCs and iPads, makes sense for any event planner. However, this requires observing the total image, including energy production, paper, printing, copying, time and time of your staff, and ecological initiatives within your organization and that of your customers.