The world has gone digital! Wherever you see there is digitalization. You can make transactions without having to pay any promissory notes, digitally. You can book tickets to a movie or your flight, book a table at your local restaurant and more, all digitally. What more, you can now even avail of digital health!
Yes, remote diagnosis and treatments are in thing now and it seems that it is here to stay for the betterment of the healthcare industry. All over the world, the healthcare industry seems to be at the intersection of the introduction of digital innovations that are considered to be disruptive and the ever-rising cost. Now the question is whether or not digital health is really the future of healthcare.
The significant role played
Ideally, the digital health innovations play a very significant role in different fields of it such as:
- Reducing the cost of healthcare for a long term
- Enabling better and faster healthcare results
- Empowering both the patient as well as the healthcare provider with data on a real-time basis
- Establishing a better, fruitful and more beneficial connections with each other and
- Enabling the outline of new sponsors to the healthcare ecosystem.
- If you want to lose your weight you wanna read about this.
The benefit and utility of digital health can also be explained in a different and a much better way. This is actually a specific model of healthcare that is available round the clock and is essentially driven by data. This data is collected from different sources such as:
- Your body
- The environment you live in
- Your nutrition and food you have and
- The activity you perform.
All these data collected are then delivered back to your personalized health care. And this happens throughout your entire life. The most important thing is that you do not have to be physically present in a brick and mortar clinic of a doctor to get such treatments. What is even most interesting and impressive about digital health is that you have free access to some of the best-known experts in the world.
The useful technologies
Technology has eased up different jobs in health care making it better and easily accessible. In the arena of digital health today you will see different technologies being used such as:
- Cell phones
- Smartphone sensors
- Data analytics
- Cloud storage and lots more.
Each playing a critical role, these have together as well as individually improved digital health today and not only have made it popular.
Help in different aspects
The use of digital health will help in several aspects to ensure your overall wellbeing such as:
- It will help in early prediction of a disease
- It will help you to take early preventive measures so that this disease does not create havoc
- It will also help you in avoiding experiencing and behavioral changes as a result of that disease and most importantly
- It will help you to prevent, if not eliminate system costs entirely.
The digital health system will help you to compare the quality and prices of each provider much easily and comfortably by the touch of a button. This will, in turn, help you make a more informed and educated choice based on the value provided. This eventually will improve productivity.
Telemedicine and remote monitoring
In addition to that, digital health will ensure that you receive enhanced treatment due to the more accurate and timelier identification of your diseases. It will reduce the waste of time effort and money.
- With remote monitoring of your disease and telemedicine provided you will have faster relief from your ailments.
- In addition to that, you will also have better care as these treatments are typically coupled with new care settings such as home care.
This low-cost care setting will improve your health and at the same time will ensure that you get the most efficient level of home care by trained professionals. With the help of the additional and more accurate data and information regarding the medical and economic presentation of products and services it will improve innovation.
A Few statistical facts
The importance and popularity of digital health and the revenue generated from it is very promising. According to Transparency Market Research reports it is seen that:
- In 2016 the digital health market on the global scale was at $179.6 billion
- This grew significantly in 2017 at a CAGR of 13.4% and
- It is anticipated that it will reach $536.6 billion by the end of 2025.
All these figures suggest that more and more patients and care providers are adopting this specific emerging technology. Apart from the fact that it is highly favorable, it also ensures that there is a high level of interoperability and coordination maintained across the different and diverse sectors of healthcare. This will ensure that the patients receive the true benefits of modern health care and the industry participants provide an improved, more proactive healthcare that is achievable and sustainable as well.
Elements of digital health
The digital health system does not involve simple visits to the websites or looking for answers to your queries in Quora, the most powerful source to gain knowledge and information. In fact, there are lots of other useful and beneficial elements that comprise the digital health ecosystem. A few of these productive elements are:
- Electronic Medical Records or EMR: This is the system that keeps records and maintains all data of a patient for a specific treatment, now and before. Done electronically, this system saves a lot of cost for the healthcare providers in terms of needing physical storage space. The personal health records can be accessed more easily and in no time from virtually anywhere.
- Healthcare IT: The advancement in the field of information and technology has paved the path for advancement of the healthcare industry. This has ensured better, easy and more effective communications with different sectors and participants of the industry on the whole. This in turn produces better and more accurate results.
Lastly, the use of bioinformatics in place of simple health informatics has made this industry sustain even better providing superior healthcare.