In today’s world where every little thing has become associated with the internet, content plays a critical role in determining the performance of the websites. Thus, writing has evolved as a significant profession. The one skill that you require to be a successful writer is typing speed. No matter how good you write, if you score low on per minute word production yardstick, you have less opportunities open for you. Hence, make sure that you adopt a strategic method to gain typing speed. Here are some tips that can help you in accelerating the finger movement on the keyboards.
- Sit straight and remember to keep your back straight.
- Keep your elbows bent at the right angle.
- Face the screen with your head slightly tilted forward.
- Keep at least 45 – 70 cm of distance between your eyes and the screen.
- Еxpose the shoulder, arm, and wrist muscles to the least possible strain. The wrists can touch the tabletop in front of the keyboard. Never shift your body weight to the wrists by resting on them.
Home row position
Curve your fingers a little and put them on the ASDF and JKL; keys which are located in the middle row of the letter keys. This row is called HOME ROW because you always start from these keys and always return to them.
F and J keys under your index fingers should have a raised line on them to aide in finding these keys without looking.
For any content related information, refer to wordcounttool.com.
- Hit keys only with the fingers for which they have been reserved.
- Always return to the starting position of the fingers “ASDF – JKL;”.
- When typing, imagine the location of the symbol on the keyboard.
- Establish and maintain a rhythm while typing. Your keystrokes should come at equal intervals.
- The SHIFT key is always pressed by the pinky finger opposite to the one hitting the other key.
- Use the thumb of whichever hand is more convenient for you to press the Space bar.
This method may seem inconvenient at first, but do not stop, eventually you’ll find out that you are typing quickly, easily and conveniently.
When you are typing, avoid looking at the keys. Keep your fingers sliding until you they feel the presence of the home row marking.
Do not overdo with finger movement. Move your fingers as mush they are required to press any key and do not let the fingers travel from one corner to another while typing. Try to keep your hand placed on the base position. This helps reduce the stress during typing.
Since the little fingers and ring fingers are comparatively underdeveloped, you need to pay more attention to them while typing.
During the initial days when you just start learning, do not rush or all the efforts would go in vain. When you have mapped all the key positions o your mind and eventually your fingers start hitting the right key at the right time, start speeding up and do not look back.
Rushing may sometimes ruin the entire picture. Avoid hurrying while typing and concentrate to make your typing faster and error-free. With time you will improve.