We know that Apple products have a lot of quality. Not surprisingly, the components used by the company in the assembly of the devices are continually reviewed and tested so that all items have the best guarantees. However, that does not mean that we will not have problems. In fact, there are times when our iPhone, for example, does not turn on, staying on a black screen.
The question is what should we do in the event that this mobile device does not turn on? It is logical that one of the first thoughts will be to take it to the technician. However, it is also true that we can run some tests to avoid an unnecessary visit. One of them, of course, will teach you how to restore the iPhone. There are cases in which our phone does not start, the apple appears intermittently or flashing. Do not despair if your iPhone is dead, or if it only vibrates since it may not turn on the screen, needing a change of it. On the other hand, if your mobile does not charge, check out this tutorial.
If it doesn’t turn on and iTunes gives you an error 21, follow our tutorial. There are also cases that our iPhone is turned off and the flash is constantly on, this usually happens when the camera is damaged or liquids have entered the phone.
We are going to know the steps that you should carry out to try to when iPhone wont turn on. If your problem is an iPad that won’t turn on, follow this tutorial.
Charging the battery if my iPhone wont turn on – 1st Solution
- The advice is quite trivial, but it may happen that we do not have enough battery to charge the smartphone. In fact, there is even a possibility that the battery itself is broken.
- To make sure that the iPhone battery is sufficiently charged to turn on the device, we recommend plugging in the charging cable and keeping the device connected to the power for at least ten minutes.
- Then try the ignition. Please note that there may also be problems with the charging cable and the charger itself. It would not be a bad idea to try another that works.
- If the recharge is not carried out, go to a store in order to carry out a smartphone analysis. If it charges and turns on, go to the next step.
Reset the iPhone if the apple does not light up or blinks – 2nd Solution
- Even though the iPhone turns on, it is also possible that it has a brick and, therefore, the charge does not advance from the logo. In such cases it is a good idea to perform a reset. Be careful with the existing data on the device, since you could lose it in the case of not having a backup.
- To perform a simple reset, it is enough to press the power button and home, simultaneously, for a time of between five and 15 seconds. Next you will see the Apple logo. You will have to wait between five and ten minutes for the full charge to be carried out. If you have problems with the battery, it is advisable to perform a reset keeping the iPhone connected to the power.
- If the device starts, but automatically turns itself off again, it would be a good idea to pay attention to the following advice. You have more information in the Apple tutorial.
In addition to recovering data, Dr.Fone for iOS can be used to repair your Apple device thanks to the ‘Repair iOS to normal’ function. If your device is stuck on the white screen, recovery mode, Apple logo, or black screen, it can get your device working again as it should. The feature works by downloading the relevant firmware for your phone or tablet and then repairs it until normal operation is restored, according to Wondershare, this takes only ten minutes.
Restoring iPhone and DFU Mode when it doesn’t start and is locked – 3rd Solution
- It is possible that the device turns on, but you have many problems in using iOS. In these cases, we will carry out a restoration.
- Performing a restore is as simple as running iTunes on a computer, connecting the iPhone to it, selecting the device itself and clicking the restore button. The program will try to retain the largest amount of data while doing a firmware reset.
- When the procedure is complete, iTunes will ask if we want to restore a backup. If you do not have any, you will have to configure the device as new. Keep in mind that this whole process can take several hours, depending on the power of the device and the computer.
- Mention that DFU mode could also help you restore your phone; in case you have trouble turning it on. Access is as simple as, with the phone turned off, simultaneously pressing the power and home buttons. Remember that the iPhone must be connected to the computer, with iTunes running. When the USB device with the arrow, you can release the home button.
Downgrade of iOS 10,9,8,7,6…. – 4th Solution
Although iOS seems like a perfect operating system, the truth is that it can also cause problems. One of them has to do with restoration. And it is that the computer from which you are trying to execute the operation is not compatible with Apple OS, having to downgrade it. Remember that to download the version you can only do it while Apple signs the previous iOS, that is, when it has just released an update, you will have a few days to test it or download it.
Looking for help on the Internet when your iPhone does not turn on – 5th Solution
If following the previous steps, you have not been able to solve the problem, there are only a few tips that you should carry out. One of the things that is done the most is to look for help on the Internet. Not surprisingly, there are a large number of communities that help other users for free.
In this case we recommend using a search engine in order to try to find a solution to the problem.
Contacting Apple Technical Support – 6th Solution
One of the solutions that we discussed in the article was to contact Apple’s technical service to help us solve the problem. At this point, we even advise making that option. They generally fix ignition problems in exchange for certain fees.
In any case, check that you have a guarantee and that you can, if possible, obtain some kind of discount. Do not forget that the support must be official or authorized.
Why doesn’t my iPhone turn on?
If none of the steps has worked for you, there is no other option but to recycle or sell the phone. These procedures change from phone to phone, so we can only recommend getting new information about what to do. Another option is to visit a technical center specialized in mobile repair. This would be most feasible when it is not charging, turning on, or locked. As we say, there are companies that have specialized in repairing the new iPhone 7, iPhone 6 Plus, 5, etc… and they are a good solution to avoid having to leave your terminal parked.
Know, in any case, that most of the time it is possible to repair an iPhone, even if it does not turn on. Only a few efforts are necessary. Remember that the official technical support of Apple can always help you when you have a guarantee, since otherwise we will have to go through the box.
Thank you for visiting us, do not hesitate to follow us on social networks or leave a comment if you have further questions, we will be happy to help.