How To Remove Write Protection From Sd Card ?
Let’s discuss about how to remove Write Protection from SD card. Lots of people have trouble copying or moving files to SD card cause of write protection and keep questioning about how to get the write protection off the SD card. Write protection even prevents files getting deleted or formatted. Well it can be fixed, no need to worry about that. We’ll be helping you with some great tricks to get it off which will make you look cool when you show help them with this SD card write protection.
An error box like the above picture might occur while copying or formatting in your windows PC. Well it’s not your SD card problem. It’s just a windows problem which can be solved in blink of an eye with some of the tricks am about to mention. So read it carefully.
So without much ado I bring to you some tricks, just remember do it as it is mentioned here to get the success in removing the write protection from micro SD card. I’ve been researching a lot about this Write removal thing and I’ve ended up finding these tricks.
How To Remove Write Protection In The SD Card In The Registry Using Regedit ?
Most of the problems and error are easily solved using the registry; this very trick may solve your problem. Here is the steps:
- In Start menu search for “REGEDIT” and open the >Registry Editor<
- Navigate to the following key: “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies”
- On the right hand pane of the REGEDIT you’ll find Write protection ,double click on it and change its value between 1 to 10 and close the REGEDIT
- Restart you pc and plug your SD card back in and you’ll no more find the write protection on it
Removal Of Write-Protection Of SD Card Using Diskpart
Plug in your SD card and launch command prompt which you can find by searching cmd.exe in start menu. Now In Command prompt you have to type the following with enter after every command.
You can find a video tutorial of this step at the end of video.
1. diskpart 2. list disk 3. select disk x (where x is the number of your SD card – use the capacity to work out which one it is) 4. attributes disk clear readonly 5. clean 6. create partition primary 7. format fs=fat32 (you can swap fat32 for ntfs if you only need to use the drive with Windows computers) 8. exit
- Right click on the memory card and select properties, then under the tab of security you’ll find your account name (You should be the administrator for this step)
- Then change the permission for the SD card to “Read & Write,” “Read & Execute,” or “Full Control.”
- This will remove the write protection as well, we have some more small tricks to show as well keep reading.
Check if there is a lock button on your SD card, if it’s there then turn it off cause that might be something you didn’t noticed, that lock button is there to protect the data and apply write protection on SD card.
Scan with antivirus
Scan your SD card with antivirus cause there might be some notorious viruses or Trojans causing the problem, scan em’ and remove them to get your SD card working properly.
Thanks for reading at our website, we’re very glad to help you with your queries and problems. We’ll be posting more stuff on techs and lots of other thing. So stay tuned and wait as there is lot to come.