Android users have long been limited to the official app store and, if they wanted third-party apps, they needed to root their devices first. That is no longer the case as we now have ACMarket. An unofficial app store, ACMarket offers plenty of third-party and modified apps and games, all for free and no rooting required.
With 1000+ apps and games on offer for free, ACMarket also offers these cool features:
- Geographical Restrictions Lifted – all apps available in all countries with no restrictions
- Organized – all content is sorted into easy categories so you can find exactly what you want
- User-Friendly – a simple interface makes navigation easy
- Ad-Free – no ads to get in the way of your streaming apps.
- No Hidden Fees – everything is free, even the in-app purchases you would usually have to pay for
- Latest Content – all the latest apps and games uploaded as soon as they become available
- Secure – SSL encryption ensures safe downloads and regular updates keep the app and your data and privacy secure.
How to Download ACMarket
There are two ways to download and use ACMarket – onto your Android device and onto your computer:
Method 1: APK File
This is pretty simple to do:
- First, open your device Settings and tap on Security
- Find Unknown Sources and enable it
- Now download the AC Market APK file onto your device
- Open Downloads and tap the .apk file to install it. Follow any on-screen instructions and, when the app icon is on your home screen, ACMarket is ready to use.
Method 2: PC or Mac
You can also install ACMarket onto your PC or Mac by installing Nox or Bluestacks Android emulator first.
- Download your Android emulator
- Next, download the ACMarket APK file onto your desktop
- Open the emulator and sign in to it
- Type ACMarket into the search bar and click on the result
- Click on Download and let ACMarket install to your computer – it may take a few minutes
- When it’s done, you can use ACMarket as an app store for all your apps and games
How To Use ACMarket
Whether you use ACMarket on your Android device or your desktop computer, downloading apps and games couldn’t be easier:
- Tap the icon on your mobile device or go into the emulator on your computer and click on The ACMarket icon
- When the app opens, choose an app category
- Either browse the apps and games available or use the search bar to find something specific.
- Tap the name of the app or game you want and then tap on the GET button
- Wait, and when you see the app icon on your screen, your app or game is ready to use.
ACMarket Errors and Fixes
While there are relatively few errors experienced when using ACMarket on the PC, there are some common ones that arise on mobile devices. Luckily, they are all simple to fix:
ACMarket Not Installed
Just as there are several reasons why this error may occur, there are also a number of fixes for it too. Start with the first method and go through until one works for you:
Method 1: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- Launch your Android Settings and tap on Apps (Manage Apps)
- Tap on System>Package Installer
- Tap on Clear Data and then Clear Cache – Android Marshmallow users will find these in Storage
Method 2: Enable Unknown Sources
This must be enabled for any third-party apps to work:
- Launch Settings>Security
- Enable Unknown Sources and try ACMarket again
- If it still doesn’t work, delete ACMarket, leave that option enabled and installed it again
Method 3: Clear Space and Set Path
Make sure you have enough space on your device. Remove anything you no longer need and move media files to external storage. Delete unused apps and files and try again. SD cards must be mounted correctly, although you should avoid installing ACMarket onto an SD card as the package installer may struggle to read the APK file.
AC Market App Stopped Working
There are 3 main reasons for this and three fixes. Try each one until something works:
Method 1: Reset App Preferences
This tends to be the most common solution:
- Open Settings>Apps (App Manager)
- Tap on All Apps
- Tap on Reset App Preferences
- Tap Reset Now, and ACMarket should work
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Data and Cache
- Launch Settings>Apps
- Tap System Apps>Package Installer
- Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache – these options are in Storage for Android 6 Marshmallow users
If you still can’t get ACMarket to work, try this:
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
- Launch Settings>Security
- Enable the option for Unknown Sources
- Try again; if ACMarket still won’t work, delete it and try installing it again, keeping Unknown Sources enabled
Try ACMarket today; it may just become your main app store.