Did you install adobe acrobat or adobe reader on windows pc, but can’t able to open a pdf file? If yes then this article is for you. In this article we will show you what is possible reason for pdf file won’t opening in windows10 with the fixes. So do not go anywhere and keep reading. We already shared solution for windows 10 taskbar not working error.
There is much reason that can prevent a pdf to open in adobe reader or acrobat. Which includes:
- Suspicious PDF’s.
- Reader or Acrobat is out of date
- A PDF file is damaged
- Damaged Reader or Acrobat
- PDF’s were created with non-Adobe programs
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 10 CANNOT OPEN PDF FILES IN ADOBE READER?
When users upgraded their windows OS from 7 or 8 to Windows 10, they face such issue. When they try to open pdf, the system does not open the file. Even it doesn’t show any error message. At that time a busy icon appears for a few seconds and then it also disappear. And the main root of this problem lies in the setting of your pc. There are some alternative PDF editor which you can try.
To solve it follow the steps given below:
- In the search bar type Adobe Reader and click on it to open it.
- Now from the top left corner select edit option.
- Inside the edit menu, scroll down and select the ‘Preferences’ option.
- A new window will open with the various category, click and select Security enhances option.
- Now you will find an option Protected mode at startup, under the Sandbox protections. Disable it the by unchecking the checkbox.
Many users find that from the above steps the issue gets to solve. If in case the problem not solved then read the article and find the other possible reason for it and try to fix them. You might wanna take a look at how to remove password from pdf.
ADOBE ACROBAT OR ADOBE READER IS OUT OF DATE
If you haven’t update your pdf reader form very long time then there might chance that it cannot open all the pdf files properly so to solve this problem update your pdf reader that is Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat on a regular basis. The latest updated version may fix the issue of pdf files won’t opening. To check the version follow the steps given below:
- Open Adobe Acrobat or Adobe reader form your pc.
- Find and click on the help button and then from the drop-down menu located and choose ‘Check for updates’ option.
- The Update dialogue box will open. Now click on ‘Download’ tab to download the new update automatically if available.
- Restart your computer and check pdf file opens or not.
A PDF FILE IS DAMAGED
Sometimes it is possible that the programme which is used to create the pdf file can’t create the file perfectly. And sometimes the pdf file itself contain corrupted data. Sometimes the file transfer using the USB cable and there are also chances that files are transferred completely.
The easiest way to find the pdf file is damage is to open another pdf file. If another file is open then your other pdf file has a problem, not the programme. So if the file doesn’t open then ask the sender to send it again with the different format.
DAMAGED ADOBE READER OR ACROBAT
It is possible that Adobe Reader, adobe acrobat or the resources they depend on could be damaged, hence unable to open a pdf file. To repair it, you follow the steps given below:
- Open the programme first.
- Locate the help option and select Repair program installation’ from it.
- Open the pdf file again and check the problem is solved or not.
It is all about pdf file won’t open fixes and the reason behind it. We hope you like it. In case of any questions or queries, use the comment section given below. You can use the comment section below to leave your valuable feedback, too. We love to help you and also hear from you. Thank you!