- 1 Why does Skyrim’s infinite loading screen issue arise?
- 2 Hardcore reasons for Skyrim infinite loading screen issue?
- 3 How to solve the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue?
- 4 Update the Graphics and Monitor driver:
- 5 Conclusion:
Are you getting annoyed due to the Skyrim Infinite loading Screen issue when you try to play the game? No worries we got you covered. This article is exclusively for the loading screen issue and will help you to solve this error easily.
Skyrim is the popular role play game, which can be played on PS4, PC or on a Nintendo Switch. This game is played by millions of users and the infinite loading screen issue is faced by many users on a daily basis. If you are one of them, then this article is for you. Go through each step and you can solve this issue easily. The fixes written below are tried and tested by many users and are successful in solving the infinite loading screen.
Before getting into fixes, let’s see why the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue arises.
Why does Skyrim’s infinite loading screen issue arise?
Following are the reasons why the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue can occur:
- If you have installed this game recently
- Adding mods
- Started a new game with recently added mods
- When you try to save a new game file and begin to play.
These are few of the reasons why the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue is experienced by many users out there. Game kinda goes in an infinite loop and never comes back to life. There are some reasons why the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue is faced by many users. Let’s check those reasons.
Hardcore reasons for Skyrim infinite loading screen issue?
The reasons for this issue might be because of some issues in your computer drivers or faulty installation of mods. The reasons stated below are the core reason for the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue:
- Outdated graphics or monitor drivers
- Memory allocation issues
- Installation of faulty mods
- Installing lots of mods
How to solve the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue?
These are a few fixes for the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue; do try them without skipping a single step. These fixes are used by many users and they have managed to solve this error very easily. Don’t worry these steps will not harm your computer or the game files. These are just generic core fixes which are mostly used to solve this type of error in any game. Infinite loading screen issue is a common issue faced by every gamer now-a-days.
Follow the fixes written below and then you will be able solve the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue.
Update the Graphics and Monitor driver:
Outdated Graphics driver can cause the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue because Skyrim is a heavy graphic oriented game and needs at-least 3GB of Vram to play the game without any lag. If you are playing Skyrim on less than 3GB Vram then try not to play because it is not meant for your computer. A GPU is a necessary thing for each and every game that is released now-a-days. So, try to update the graphics driver. To update graphics driver follow the steps written below:
For Nvidia users:
- Download and install Nvidia geforce experience app form here.
- Login in the app. You can login in the app using Gmail id or by using your Nvidia account.
- Click on drivers tab besides the Home tab
- Click on check for updates
- App will automatically download and install the drivers for you
- Restart your PC and check whether Skyrim infinite loading screen issue is solved for not
For AMD users:
- Download and install AMD Radeon Software from here.
- Login in the app
- App will automatically detect and install the latest driver for your computer
- Restart your computer and check whether Skyrim infinite loading screen issue is solved for not.
This is how you should update your graphics driver. Don’t update your graphics driver from a third party source; it can harm your computer by spreading viruses. Use official applications for updating the graphics drivers.
Now to update monitor driver follow the steps written below:
- Search for device manager in the search box on the taskbar of your computer.
- Inside device manager click on the monitors
- A drop down will appear
- Select your Monitor and click on update drivers
- A pop up screen will appear, click on update drivers automatically
After updating the drivers a restart is necessary. After updating both the drivers try to run the Skyrim game. Check whether the game is working without any loading screen issue for not.
If this fix solves the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue then it is well and good, if not then don’t worry and try the next solution for this issue.
Modification of memory allocation:
If your computer is running-out of memory, then Skyrim infinite loading screen issue will arise. While starting the game, it tries to save some files and if this fails then the game will not go beyond the loading screen.
If you have enough memory then try to modify memory allocation by organizing the SafetyLoad config file to set safe load to function during loading screen.
Before executing this step make sure that you have installed the Skyrim Script Extender. You can install it easily from Steam SKSE support. After installation follow the steps written below:
- Open the file at the location: Skyrim\data\SKSE\Plugins\SafetyLoad.ini
- After opening the file search for EnableOnlyLoading
- Modify the value of EnableOnlyLoading from false to true
- Save and close the file.
After performing all these steps, open the game and check whether Skyrim infinite loading screen issue is solved or not. IF this step also fails to work for you then try the next fix.
Uninstall the mods:
Installing the mods can make your gaming experience better. But these mods are one of the most common reasons for the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue. Mods can crash your game and can lower down your gaming experience.
Installing wrong mods can be a big issue. If you have installed more than one mod then try to uninstall mods one by one. Because we cannot say which mod is crashing our game? So, uninstall the mods one by one and try playing the game after every uninstallation.
This solution fixes the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue of lots of users who use mods. Try to install verified mod as it can run smoothly with the game. If this solution also fails to work then try the last and the best solution.
If every fix mentioned above fails then this is the only solution to fix the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue permanently. Uninstalling the game will remove all the saved files and mods (if any) from your computer. To uninstall the game follow the steps written below:
- Open the Steam app
- Click on Library
- Click on Skyrim
- Select uninstall
If you have purchased the game officially from Steam then follow these steps. If not then you need to uninstall the game using the control panel. Follow the steps to uninstall using control panel:
- Open control panel
- Click on uninstall programs
- Search for Skyrim
- Select Skyrim and press right click
- Select uninstall.
By following these steps you can uninstall the game. Reinstall it again from the same source as before. Try to buy the official game as it is free of viruses and other harmful stuff.
These were the few solutions to fix the Skyrim infinite loading screen issue. Follow each and every step carefully. Hope your issue is solved and now you should be able to play the game. Thanks for reading this article till the end.