The android device never had the feature of screen recording in its previous versions. After version 11 and newer they have included this feature in the software. With the screen record feature, it is very easy to record any video or any important meeting that you won’t save for the future. Before when the feature was not available on android phones, users had to download third-party applications to screen record.
Android 11 and above phones have screen recording features. Screen recording is really easy and if you want to know how to screen record on an android device then read on
How to Screen Record On Android Phone?
Recording the screen on the recent versions of android software can be done either with sound or without the sound, which is by the way a really cool option for the users. Here’s how to screen record on an android
- Unlock your android device.
- Pull down the notification bar on the screen and find the ‘Screen recording’ feature in the quick settings menu. This option is mostly available in the quick settings menu on every android device but if you have not used it, you might not find it in the settings. If you want to add this widget to the notification bar then you can add it by clicking the ‘Customize’ option on the bottom left corner of the panel. That will be a pencil-shaped icon. Click on it and it’ll load the widgets menu. Find the ‘Screen recording’ option and click on it. Close the screen.
- Pull down the notification panel again and then the ‘Screen recording’ feature will be visible, click on it.
- If you want to record the screen with the audio on and also to show where you touch the screen then click on it. Click on ‘Start’
- The screen is now recording. When you want to stop the recording, swipe down the notification panel and again click on the ‘Screen recording’ option. Then tap on stop.
How To Screen Record On Android Device Using Third Party Applications?
If you do not own an Android 11 or newer software then you won’t have the screen recording feature in the phone. You can use third-party applications to screen record on the android device. Here’s how to screen record on your android device using third party applications:
- Download and install the third party application if you haven’t done that already from the ‘Google Play’ store on your android phone.
- Open the application and follow the prompts to enable the third-party application to screen record on other application.
- A small icon of the third party application will appear on the screen. Whenever you want to screen record, tap on the icon and tap on ‘Start’ to record the screen.
- When you want to stop the recording, open the notification bar and click on the icon again to stop.
- The screen recording will be saved as a video in your android phone’s gallery.
Finding And Editing The Screen Recording On The Android Device.
Now you know how to screen record on android but do you know how to edit this recording? Here’s a guide to explain just that. The screen recording will be saved in the form of a video in your android phone’s gallery or it can even be in Google photos.
- Open the ‘Google photos’ application on your phone.
- Click on ‘Photos’ on the tool bar section. You can find this option on the bottom bar of the screen.
- You can find the screen recorded video on the top.
While using the screen recording feature you might also have recorded the unwanted bits along with it. You can edit those unwanted bits out through the application. Here’ how to edit the screen recording:
- Open the screen recording in your Google photos application.
- On the bottom bar of the application screen, you can find the ‘Edit’ option. Click on it.
- Here you can easily trim the video as per your needs. Drag on the screen from left to right to trim the first part of the video. Do the same from right to left at the end of the video to trim the ending of the video.
- Play the video to check if you are okay with the edited video and then you save this new edited screen recording by clicking on ‘Save copy’.
Recording The Screen On Google Play Games
Google Play Games is a free application that is available for all android users. If you are a gamer and want to record your game while playing then this application is specifically for you. On this application, you can also add the videos captured from your front camera.
Here’s the guide on how to screen record on Google play games:
- If you do not have the application installed on your phone then download the application and install it.
- Launch the application and open the game you want to play. The game can be an already installed one or a downloaded one.
- Click on the game’s icon and the details and options will appear. Locate the ‘Record’ option on the top of the screen and then tap on it.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen which is movable. This screen has all the options related to the video you are recording like the sounds, microphone etc. As the screen is movable you can place this anywhere on the screen depending upon your convenience.
- Once you click on the red dot displayed on the screen, it will start recording. A 3-second timer will go off once you click on the red dot, after which it starts recording. You can then press the same dot to stop recording.
That’s the whole process of how to screen record on an android device. It is relatively very simple. Takes some time to get used to but once you do, it’s quite easy. Whether games or funny videos or some pretty serious videos, you can now screen record and share them with anyone out just by screen recording and editing.