- 1 Why Can A User Be Banned On Discord?
- 2 How To Unban Someone On Discord Through Your Computer?
- 3 How To Unban Someone On Discord Server?
- 4 How To Unban Someone On Discord With MEE6?
- 5 How To Unban Someone On Discord With Dyno?
- 6 How To Ban Someone On Discord On The Basis Of Their IP Address?
- 7 How To Unban Someone On Discord Through Your Smartphone?
- 8 Other Ways To Unban Someone On Discord:
- 9 Through A VPN:
- 10 Contact The Customer Service Center Or Even The Admin Of The Server:
- 11 Sign Up A New Account:
- 12 What To Do If You Do Not Have A VPN?
- 13 FAQ’s
Discord is an exciting application that lets you talk with someone through texts, video and calls. Discord has an option to ban anyone from your list so that they won’t be able to call or text you. You can change your mind anytime and may want to unban this person and allow them again.
People even create groups to share messages about their games and stuff. The server moderators have the right to ban you from the groups if you are found spamming or trolling as well.
Why Can A User Be Banned On Discord?
A user can be banned on either the whole application or just from one server. It might be due to one of these several reasons:
- Not following the Discord’s terms of service.
- Any disrespectful activity
- Being a raider.
- Untrustworthy IP address.
The bans on discord are of two types. One is server ban and another is a platform ban.
Server ban is the ban in which a particular server’s administrator bans your from that server. You can still use other servers. Again server bans can be of two types. One is when you are just kicked out of the server. When you are just kicked out, you can search for the server again and rejoin the server. Another one is a traditional ban where you are actually banned or blocked from the server. The user’s account, phone number and even the IP address will be banned from the whole server.
Even Discord can directly ban your account,
How To Unban Someone On Discord Through Your Computer?
You can easily unban someone on discord on your computer. This is the same for all the operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac etc. However you can unban someone on discord only if you are the administrator of the server. If you are and want to know how then read on:
- Go to the ‘Discord’ application on your computer.
- Open the channel or even the server on the discord from where you want to unban someone.
- Right next to the server name you can find a down arrow. Click on it and a drop down menu will open.
- Go to ‘Server settings’ option and click on it.
- A server overview window will open. On the left hand side you’ll find several options. Click on ‘Bans’. You’ll find the list of users you have banned.
- You can either search the person through search bar or directly click on the banned username.
- A window will pop up asking to confirm to revoke the ban. Click on ‘Revoke ban’.
After this the user will be unbanned and the user can use the server again.
How To Unban Someone On Discord Server?
A simple guide on how to unban someone on discord through a server:
- Open discord and go to the servers list on the left hand side of the page.
- Select the server from where you have banned someone.
- When you right click on the server a drop down menu will appear. Click on ‘Server Settings’.
- Amongst the options click on ‘Overview’
- On the left hand side of the screen, go to ‘Bans’.
- You’ll find the list of users banned, click on the user you want to unban.
- In the pop up window, click on ‘Revoke Ban’
How To Unban Someone On Discord With MEE6?
MEE6 bot gives the user the full control to create commands. You can also unban someone on discord with MEE6 Bot as well. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch ‘Discord’ on your computer.
- Find the downwards arrow on the top left corner and in the drop down menu, click on ‘Server Settings’.
- Click on ‘Bans’ in the left hand side
- Amongst the list of members banned, select the member you want to unban.
- Then click on ‘Revoke Ban’ to affirm.
How To Unban Someone On Discord With Dyno?
Dyno is also a Discord bot. To unban someone on discord with dyno follow this guide:
- Open Discord on your computer
- On the left top corner click on down arrow.
- In the drop down menu, click on ‘Server settings’
- On the left hand side of the screen.
- A list of the members you have already banned will appear.
- Select the member you want to unban and a pop up screen will appear asking you to affirm. Click on ‘Revoke ban’ to complete the process.
How To Ban Someone On Discord On The Basis Of Their IP Address?
Once a person bans you, everyone else using the same IP address will also be unbanned on Discord. You can ban anyone on Discord on the basis of their IP address by following these steps:
- Open ‘Discord’ application on your computer.
- On the left hand corner of the screen find the list of the servers and choose the server you want to unban the user from.
- Click on the member’s name.
- Right click the cursor for the drop down menu. Select ‘Bans’ from the menu.
- A pop up menu will appear on the screen. You can then delete the comments of the members.
- You can even write down why you are banning this person in the section provided.
- Then click on ‘Ban’
How To Unban Someone On Discord Through Your Smartphone?
The process for unbanning someone on discord through your phone is also kind of simple. It is the same for both Android and an IPhone.
- Download and install ‘Discord’ application on your phone.
- Open the application.
- Find the server from which you want to unban the member.
- On the top right corner of the screen find the three vertical dots and click on it.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon or the settings menu.
- Click on ‘Bans’
- Find and click on the member’s name
- Then click on ‘Revoke Ban’
Other Ways To Unban Someone On Discord:
All the above mentioned methods can be used only if you are an administrator. But what if you are not the administrator? Here are some workarounds using which you can unban someone on discord:
Through A VPN:
We know not everybody know how to workaround with VPN. But we will help you understand just that. First thing you have to do is delete all the data regarding Discord on your computer. Then uninstall Discord application. Find a good and reliable VPN service and connect to it, if you don’t have on already. Then follow these steps:
Contact The Customer Service Center Or Even The Admin Of The Server:
If you have been totally banned from the application, only thing you can do is contact the customer support center of Discord application. They can help you understand the reason for unban and even if you want you can work around the ban with them.
If you are just banned from the server you can directly contact the server admin and ask to unban yourself.
Sign Up A New Account:
You can get into Discord again by setting up a new account. This might work only if you are not banned on the basis of your IP address. If you are then you have to use a new IP address through your VPN. If this is a server ban then you can re-create your account and easily join into the same server again. But keep in mind that you have to use a different email address and also a new username.
What To Do If You Do Not Have A VPN?
Only thing you can do if you do not have a VPN is to use your smartphone. Download the application in your phone and maybe you can try using the application then.
Q1 – Can You Ban Someone Again By Unbanning Them?
It can be done again if you want to ban someone. But you must have a solid reason to do that. The steps to ban again are as same as mentioned above.
Q2 – What Does Banning Actually Mean On Discord?
If you have been banned by a server’s moderator then that means you can no longer send and receive messages or comments in that server. You won’t be able to see the users in that server. Another thing to be noted is that these bans are IP address based, so any one else using the same address might also be banned. In short the whole IP address is banned. You won’t even know that you have been banned from the server.
Q3 – Can I Get Myself Unbanned On Discord?
There’s no way to unban by yourself on discord. You have to appeal to the server’s moderator to unban you. Request and apologize to the moderator and try to get your ban revoked. You can only message the moderator if he hasn’t blocked you. If he has then you can do nothing. You can even write a report on the discord’s website to appeal to the moderator and request to revoke the ban.
I hope we have solved all the queries on how to unban someone on discord. We have covered every possible way to solve the issue. Do you know any other way? Let us know.