If you want to make your laptop function at its best then you will have to use the best USB – C hub. This is because an improper selection will make your efforts futile even though the USB Type – C has a strong potential for a better future. This future is when all cable, gadget, and screen will use the next generation connector specifications.
However, this future is far from where the digital world stands today. This means if you are using a USB-C laptop like MacBook Pro of Apple or the latest XPS 13 of Dell and want to get the old ports back, you will need a USB – C hub.
The older ports include:
- Regular USB
- Headphone jacks
- Display Port
- Micro SD and
- SD card slots.
When you look at the specific subset of the usb c hub with ethernet and hdmi they have got an option to charge your laptop continually through the pass-through power port. Moreover, these do not need a separate power supply. The eventual result is that all those costly Thunderbolt 3 hubs are not required anymore.
The best USB-C hub
However, the best USB-C hub will have a few specific features essentially. These are:
- It must be the one that will give you easy access to all the ports that you require
- It must also be small in size and light in weight enough to carry in your bag easily at all times
- It must not be too expensive and
- It should work reliably and effectively without getting too hot.
USB-C hub is still a relatively new product in the market and therefore the manufacturing companies are still trying constantly to tinker with:
- Its form factors
- The port selection and
- Its design.
They are in the constant lookout to find the perfect balance although that seems to happen a long time from now.
Choosing the best
Therefore, if you are buying a new laptop today, consider buying one that will have and support the USB Type – C hub. Research a bit about it and you will find that there are several such items that you can choose from.
Make sure that it has all the required features that may be useful for some time from now as there are developments in its design and functionality ongoing. The features that you will find may differ from one manufacturer to another but the most common features that you need to consider are:
- An aluminum multi-port adapter V2 to manage and check every single box
- The port selection from three USB 3.0 ports, Ethernet, HDMI, and Micro SD and SD card slots
- The USB-C port for the power to pass through
- A slightly pricier version with a Mini Display Port if you need one
- The single compact aluminum wedge so that it does not take up too much space in your bag or desk
- It does not get hot while charging and
- The port layout and the designs.
Make sure that there is a single built-in USB-C cable to plugs into the computer and an input for the power and Ethernet jack.