Reddit is a popular social media site that serves as a question-and-answer forum. On Reddit, you can ask questions and make posts. Reddit users will respond to your questions, and you may also discuss them in the comments sections. It’s possible that you’ll be asked to quote other people’s comments or posts during a discussion. Quoting on Reddit is a simple action that you can complete using either your smartphone app or the website. A grey line will show in front of a comment or question when you quote it on Reddit.
How to quote on Reddit Website?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps in order to quote on the Reddit website.
- Step 1- Reddit is now open. In your computer’s web browser, go to https://www.reddit.com/. This will take you to the home page of Reddit.
- Note- If you aren’t already logged in to Reddit, do so before leaving a comment: click the log-in button in the top-right corner of the page, then enter your username and password.
- Step 2- Make a new post. To open the post on which you want to leave a quote, look for it and click the title.
- Step 3- Locate the comment you want to paraphrase. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you find the comment from which you want to quote.
- Note- You may locate the original post’s content at the top of the thread if you wish to quote it.
- Step 4- Choose the portion you’d want to quote. To pick the comment or material you want to quote, click and drag your mouse pointer across it.
- Step 5- Make a copy of the selected. To do so, press Ctrl+C (Windows) or Command+C (Mac).
- Step 6- Select “Quotation” from the drop-down menu. Below the “Comment as” text field is a collection of quotes (). In the text field, this creates a quotation block that looks like a vertical grey line.
- Note- If you want to respond to a remark, go to the bottom of the page and click Reply.
- Step 7- Copy the selection and paste it in. To do so, press Ctrl+V (Windows) or Command+V (Mac). The copied quotation should show to the right of the quote block.
- Step 8- The quote block should now be closed. To remove the quotation formatting, hit Backspace once after pressing Enter to start a new line.
- Step 9- Type your response in the box below. Fill in the blanks below the quote with whatever you wish to say in response to it.
- Step 10- COMMENT should be selected. It’s a dark-blue button in the text box’s lower-right corner. As a result, your quotation and comment will be published.
- Note- Instead, click REPLY below the text box if you’re responding to a comment.
How to Quote on Reddit App?
You may also quote from the Reddit app. There isn’t a quote icon like on the website. However, you can still quote using the techniques below:
- Step 1- Log in to your Reddit account using the Reddit app on your smartphone (Android/iPhone).
- Step 2- Navigate to the post you wish to quote.
- Step 3- Select either the Comment or Reply icon.
- Step 4- Add a quote line to the beginning of the document with a “>” larger sign.
Your text will appear as a quote on your app if you use the way described above.
You can use the first technique on the Reddit website or the second method on your Reddit app.