Air quality around us is fading day by day and makes us feel sick often. No matter how immune we are, the fine toxic chemicals released into the air from the vehicles, dust, factories, forest fires, mould, Cigarette smoke to name a few kills us with respiratory issues. Yes! The declining air quality threatens humans with diseases like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, wheezing, and chest discomfort. Without any age limits, the health risk factors extend to everyone and increase mortality ratio. Children involved in more outdoor activities are truly worrisome and are more susceptible to serious health risks.
A few extra miles to protect yourself from air pollution:
If you are thinking to avoid heading out in the polluted air, then it is not all possible. We can only shield ourselves from pollutants by taking necessary precautions to limit the exposure. Here, let’s check out a few tips to combat air pollution. Read the article to know more about it.
- Reduce frequent usage of the car instead; opt for public transportation. Also, keep monitoring the air quality index and avoid walking or doing exercise when the surrounding air is unhealthy to breathe.
- Frequent monitoring and maintaining your vehicle is required to avoid excess consumption of fuel. Also, a recurrent check of air-oil filters helps to keep the emission under control.
- Go green, plant more trees for installing pollution-free environment. Plants help us clear and clean the pollutants in the atmosphere making us inhale toxins-free air.
- Avoid use of charcoal and use natural gas to reduce air pollution.
- Use solar power and reduce the usage of electricity. It can conserve energy at the same time it can money.
- Keep air-purifying indoor plants like snake plant, aloe Vera, bamboo palm, spider plant to reduce the levels of indoor pollution.
- Switching off all the electrical appliances can conserve energy and reduce air pollution a lot.
- Don’t go for a brisk morning walk in the crowded areas and near high-traffic areas. The pollution stirs up to a higher level in these regions and hence avoiding it is the best.
- Avoid burning firewood or thrash as it can increase the level of pollutants in the atmosphere.
- Wear a reusable and washable mask with carbon filters to protect yourself from inhaling toxic pollutants. Choose a mask that can filter the inhaled air containing particulate matter of particles less than 2.5 microns. If you own a business, you can always look online at a list of printable facemask signs if you’re looking to encourage masks to be worn, especially in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Increase the awareness about the ill effects of smoking, its harmful properties and how it affects the environment. Welcoming a tobacco-free environment reduces air-pollution and protects humans from the dreadful disease.
- Switch to use non-toxic cleaning materials. Avoid using plastics and go for natural products.
- Wear a reusable and a washable mask with carbon filters to protect yourself from inhaling toxic pollutants. Choose a mask which can filter the inhaled air containing particulate matter of particles less than 2.5 microns.
- Boost your immunity by consuming foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, nuts, vegetables, fruits, seeds and whole grains. Have a balanced meal every day to protect yourself from attacking various diseases. If you cannot able to meet the required dosage, then you may need to supplement your body with a multivitamin. There are many multivitamins of different brand names are spread in the market. Pick the best one from a trusted online medicine companies in India.
- Keep your body well hydrated as this helps to flush out the inhaled toxins from your system.
The environment is depleting day by day. The bed of accumulated toxins is increasing every single moment. It’s impossible to cut down pollution completely. The only way is to protect ourselves and follow a few tips to reduce air pollution in the environment. So, to help you with we have listed out a few tips to combat yourself from outside air pollution. Now, follow these simple measures and inhale healthy air by sharing your healthy thoughts to the surrounding people. Never relax! Always protect your respiratory system. If you are already suffering from breathing snags or have respiratory concerns, then book an appointment online with the doctor immediately. After a thorough examination, your doctor may prescribe you with medications to ease the issue. Order them from a trusted online medicine site at your convenience.