- 1 Best Ice Maker Reviews
- 1.1 1. NewAir AI-100R 28-Pound Portable Icemaker
- 1.2 2. Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker With Over-sized Ice Bucket
- 1.3 3. Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker
- 1.4 4. Avalon Bay AB-ICE26R Portable Ice Maker
- 1.5 5. Gourmia GI110 Compact Portable Electric Ice Maker
- 1.6 6. Whynter UIM-502SS Freestanding Clear Ice Cube Maker
- 1.7 7. Koldfront KIM202W Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker
- 1.8 8. Della Easy-Touch Ice Maker Buttons Countertop Portable Machine
- 1.9 9. Igloo Counter Top Ice Maker
- 1.10 10. Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker
- 2 How to buy an ice maker?
- 3 Conclusion
Don’t worry; getting a good quality ice maker for your home is the answer to all your troubles. Depending on what your preferences and budget are, you can get a portable model or a full-size gourmet ice maker. Check out our list of the 10 best ice makers on the market today.
Best Ice Maker Reviews
1. NewAir AI-100R 28-Pound Portable Icemaker
If you are serious about getting clear ice for your drink in house parties and small get-together, this NewAir AI-100R 28-Pound Portable Icemaker should be the right choice for you. It has a very sleek design that makes it a perfect addition to any household. It can make ice cubes within just 15 minutes. The best thing is that it makes ice up to 28 pounds in just one day, so you are never short of rocks. The icemaker doesn’t require installation- just put water, plug into power, and it will be ready to dispense ice within a few minutes. It has an easy to use control panel and comes with electronic controls as well. The device is fully automated and highly durable as well. Even cleaning this device is a breeze.
- 15 minutes freezing cycle
- Makes 28-pound ice in a day
- Easy to use and clean
- Doesn’t require installation
- Durable and fully automated
- A small design flaw could give you a full ice sensor erroneously
2. Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker With Over-sized Ice Bucket
If you are looking for a high-end product from a trusted manufacturer, you should choose the Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker With Over-sized Ice Bucket. It makes up to 26 pounds of ice in one day and can get the clear ice cubes ready within just six minutes. The icemaker also allows users to customize the size of the cubes. The icemaker doesn’t require installation and is extremely portable as well. It is made of stainless steel, making it a durable option for years to come.
- Makes ice within 6 minutes
- Stainless steel design
- Can make 26 pounds of ice in a day
- Automated, electronic controls
- Adjustable cube size
- The basket is made of very light plastic
3. Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker
A good choice for those who want a generous addition of gourmet ice in their drinks, the Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker is the ultimate icemaker. It is portable, sleek and gives you very hard and dense ice. It is a larger unit compared to its counterparts, but the quality of its ice is truly commendable. It can make up to 28 pounds of ice in a day and can store about 4.6 pounds of ice at a time. The Luma icemaker can make over 4 pounds of cubes in just 15 minutes, enough to full the storage section. It doesn’t need to be installed to a water line as it has its own water reservoir.
- Makes dense and hard gourmet ice
- Comes with a water reservoir and storage space
- Makes 28 pounds of ice
- Can make cubes in just 15 minutes
- Not portable because of bigger proportions
4. Avalon Bay AB-ICE26R Portable Ice Maker
Those who like to get ice quickly will find value in the Avalon Bay AB-ICE26R Portable Ice Maker. It can make up to 26 pounds of ice in just one day and comes with electronic controls and an LED indicator. Like other leading ice makers, it can make ice within just 6 minutes. It also comes with an incredibly useful automatic overflow protection feature which alerts you to remove ice or add more water. Another handy feature of the icemaker is that it comes with an ice shaver which recycles ice back. It has a handy drain at the bottom as well.
- Makes ice in just 6 minutes
- Can make 26 pounds of ice in a day
- Comes with a removable ice basket and a scoop
- Easy drainage at the bottom
- Sleek design
- Automatic and electronic
- Ice shaver and automatic overflow protection
- May have problems with the overflow sensor
5. Gourmia GI110 Compact Portable Electric Ice Maker
If you are looking for freshly made, crispy ice cubes, then you should buy the Gourmia GI110 Compact Portable Electric Ice Maker. The icemaker comes with fast freeze technology that lets gives you ice within just 15 minutes. This small, cute and portable electric ice maker comes with a digital control display and lets you customize your cube size as well. The interesting thing about the device is that it comes with a timer- you can decide when you want the ice maker to keep your cubes ready. To make things even more interesting, it comes with an inbuilt alarm to alert you when the cubes are ready, so you never face melted ice problems again. The device can hold about 2 pounds of ice and product 26 pounds every day. It can sit comfortably on any counter and can be carried around with ease. What’s more? It even comes with a self-cleaning feature, a removable bucket, and a scoop.
- Small, portable design
- Ice customization available
- A plethora of small but useful features
- Comes with a removable bucket and scoop
- Produces 26 pounds ice, holds 2 pounds
- Some users report problems with the drain plug.
6. Whynter UIM-502SS Freestanding Clear Ice Cube Maker
If a small and portable ice maker won’t make the cut for you, depend on this Whynter UIM-502SS Freestanding Clear Ice Cube Maker. This gourmet icemaking device is perfect for those who like to host parties and get high-quality cubes in their drinks each time. The most likable thing about this product is that it has a powerful but relatively silent motor. The free-standing device is big and robust and can produce as much as 50 pounds of ice every day. Not only this, it stores up to 25 pounds of ice at a time. It has a sturdy stainless-steel construction which looks neat in every type of kitchen décor. You get two installation options- built-in (for limited space) and freestanding (for larger spaces). It comes it a drain hose, a water hose and an ice scoop with automatic shut off function.
- Makes 50 pounds each daily
- Stores up to 25 pounds of ice
- High-quality ice cubes
- Silent operation
- Very heavy
- Requires installation
7. Koldfront KIM202W Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker
If you like small and portable machines that can make ice quickly for a drink and also help you host a small party, you should buy the Koldfront KIM202W Ultra Compact Portable, Ice Maker. It makes ice in less than 10 minutes and produces up to 26 pounds of cubes per day. Though it is relatively small, it can hold 1.5 pounds of cubes at once and comes with a well-insulated interior to keep them tasting fresh. It has an innovative water use design and electric touch function to help you get the most out of your device. It even comes with a water recycling feature to save time and water.
- Small, lightweight and portable
- Insulated interiors
- Makes ice in less than 10 minutes
- Makes 26 pounds of ice per day
- Water recycling feature
- Cubes are not very dense or hard
If you like to go out frequently and like your drinks super cool, you need this Della Easy-Touch Ice Maker Buttons Countertop Portable Machine. This machine is a blessing for summer when you want to get out of the house and enjoy some sunshine. The machine is lightweight, portable and doesn’t need any installation. All it needs is a power source and some water to make ice cubes for you within just 6 minutes. The machine has a clear LED display and comes with insulated interiors to keep ice fresh for longer. It can make up to 26 pounds of cubes a day and hold about 2 pounds ice at a time. It comes with a scoop and removable ice tray and can make custom sized cubes.
- Small and lightweight
- Easily portable
- Makes 26 pounds of cubes each day
- Insulated interiors
- Less variance in size of small, medium, large cubes
9. Igloo Counter Top Ice Maker
When looking for power in ice machines, you often have to compromise with quiet operations. However, with the Igloo Counter Top Ice Maker, you get a solid product that makes 26 pounds of ice a day without making excessive noise. Its compressor cooling system minimizes noise while its inbuilt control panel allows you to keep track of time and water levels easily. It can produce ice cubes in just minutes. The icemaker can be used equally well both indoor and outdoor and has a large 3.1-liter tank with a 2.3-quart reservoir.
- Sleek and contemporary design
- Good for use both indoors and outdoors
- Cubes are not very dense or hard
10. Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker
You don’t always have space atop a counter to fit in another kitchen gadget, so why not choose something like the Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker? This super portable ice maker sits comfortably beneath the kitchen counter and gives you up to 65 pounds of ice per day. This is perfect for a full-size ice maker, and homeowners who like to host parties frequently will love the product. It can also hold up to 26 pounds of ice at a time- almost as much as the production capacity of a portable ice maker. It also has an easy to use control panel.
- Great for small spaces
- Makes enough ice for large parties
- Can be used outdoors too
- High quality, clear ice cubes
- Expensive unit
- Requires installation
How to buy an ice maker?
Your choice of ice maker depends largely on your preferences. If you frequently have people over and open your bar for them or host parties, you will need a full-size model. People who like to go outdoors for camping and road trips frequently would prefer portable models. However, countertop models that can produce 20+ pounds of ice per day are ideal for most homes.
You should ideally check the reviews of the product online before buying. It would also be great to ask your friends for recommendations who could give you a more personal review of the product they are using. Check the budget, look for discounts (if any) and then make a purchase confidently.
Buying an ice maker isn’t rocket science, but if you are not careful, you can easily end up with a low-quality product selling for over $100 that doesn’t produce better ice than your refrigerator. Checking all available options and then finding the right fit for your needs is essential. The list above covers almost all types of ice makers available on the market that boast of great design and even better reviews. Check them out!
LIST OF BEST ICE MAKER REVIEWS BY TECHLOGITIC TEAM
- NewAir AI-100R 28-Pound Portable Icemaker
- Igloo ICE103 Counter Top Ice Maker With Over-sized Ice Bucket
- Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker
- Avalon Bay AB-ICE26R Portable Ice Maker
- Gourmia GI110 Compact Portable Electric Ice Maker
- Whynter UIM-502SS Freestanding Clear Ice Cube Maker
- Koldfront KIM202W Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker
- Della Easy-Touch Ice Maker Buttons Countertop Portable Machine
- Igloo Counter Top Ice Maker
- Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker
Summary for Best Ice Makers
Which is the best ice maker out there? Good drinks demand freshly made clear ice. Most people prefer to add fresh and crisp ice cubes to their drinks. However, they usually have to run to the store to get it or depend on the white, translucent ice from their freezer. This type of ice isn’t good for the drinks and undermines their quality as well.
Here’s the list of best ice makers by Techlogitic Team which can help you serve the best.