If you are having trouble with your PC and an error named “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error”, pop up every single time when you open a game, then you are not the only user-facing this kind of annoying error. However, it is not a very dangerous error that can damage anything, but you have to get rid of it.
So you folks have to follow this article where we will provide you instructions down below to get rid of this error. Here are the solutions you can try.
Solve DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error Real
Solution 1. Make sure your system meets requirements:
This error can occur if your PC doesn’t have to require things to play the game. Hence you will encounter this problem, however, to solve this, you should check the system requirement for your game. Also, you have to upgrade your PC to fix your error.
Fix 2: Install the latest patch:
Do you know that game developer keep releasing patches to improve games and fix any issues? So you have to look for updates of your game on Steam and install the up to date patch. This can fix your DirectX error.
Fix 3: Update your graphics card driver:
One purpose behind numerous PC errors is the old graphics card driver. You ought to check that your device has the most recent graphics card driver, There are two ways you can get the right drivers: manually or automatically.
To fix it manually: You need to update your driver by visiting the manufacturer’s website and look for the latest correct driver. Ensure the drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
How to do it Automatically: To get rid of this error, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will naturally perceive your PC and locate the right drivers for it. You don’t have to know precisely what system your PC is running, you don’t have to take risk of downloading and introducing some unacceptable driver, and you don’t have to stress when introducing or installing system drivers.
- First of all, download and install Driver Easy.
- Secondly, run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will check your PC and recognize any error causing drivers.
- Click the Update the button close flagged graphics card to automatically download and install the right form of their drivers. Or you can again click on update all to consequently download and install the right form of the absent drivers
- Restart your PC and check if the problem is settled or not.
Solution 4. Upgrade DirectX version:
You can also fix this error by checking whether the DirectX version meets the DirectX requirement for your game. Here how you do it.
Check your game’s required DirectX version: The DirectX version needs to run the game and now you need to look for the info from the official site.
Check the DirectX version on your computer: You need to check what the DirectX version is on your PC and see if it meets the requirement of your game. To do that you need to do is:
- Simultaneously press the Windows and R to invoke the Run box.
- Then you need to type dxdiag and click Ok.
- Now under the System tab of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, you can see the DirectX info on your PC.
- Then will see if the DirectX meets the DirectX requirement for the game. If yes then it’s good and if not, then you will have to upgrade to the DirectX version.
Upgrade DirectX on your computer: By and large talking, for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, you can straightforwardly refresh your Windows through Windows Update to the most recent variant to install the most recent DirectX on your PC. Be that as it may, for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, you may have to introduce an update bundle to install the most recent DirectX on your PC.
You can go to the Microsoft site for more data and info about installation. After installing the most recent Windows update or update bundle, restart your PC and attempt the game again to check whether the error vanishes.
Solution 5. Change the Display Scaling settings:
Here’s what you need to do in Windows 10:
- Simultaneously press the Windows and I key and after that click System in the Settings pane.
- Now you need to select 100% for Scale and layout in the display section.
- Then Windows will apply the changes and open the game again to check whether the issue is solved or not.
If you’re using Windows 8 and Windows 7:
- First of all, you need to open the Control Panel and view it with little icons or large icons.
- Next up, click Display.
- Now, choose 100 percent or Smaller for the size of text and other items on your screen, and then click Apply.
- Reboot your PC to take effect.
Now here we come to an end. That’s all the four effective solutions we have to fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.